Baked Eggs with Spinach topped with avocado, tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese makes a great breakfast for every day or easy entertaining.
I love eggs, from my head down to my legs. Well, I love them now. I haven’t always loved eggs, it has been a process. When I was little, I wouldn’t touch eggs, unless they were baked in cookies or another baked good..ha! But now, I am a huge fan and eat them almost every day. We love eggs so much that Josh spent the weekend building a chicken coop. It is almost done and soon we will have our own chickens…and lots of eggs. YAY!
I make Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes all of the time. It’s my go-to for any meal. Well, I recently mixed things up and now I am hooked on Baked Eggs with Spinach. Baked eggs are the perfect healthy breakfast!
Baked Spinach and Eggs
Baked Eggs with Spinach are really easy to make, but they are special. Every time I make these baked eggs our boys get excited because they get their OWN little egg dish. I bake the eggs with spinach because I am all about getting more greens into my diet and my boys diet.
When the spinach and eggs come out of the oven I top them with:
- avocado slices
- crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Don’t skip the toppings! They really make the baked eggs EGGcellent:)
Tips for Baked Eggs
- Don’t forget a piece of toast to go with the baked eggs. Dipping the toast into the warm, runny baked egg is the best part. Mmmmmm!
- This easy spinach egg bake only takes 20 minutes and are great for breakfast, but we also like to eat them for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea.
- This recipe can easily be multiplied for a crowd. The next time you are hosting brunch, serve up savory baked eggs! They are sure to be a hit! Enjoy!
How to Make Baked Eggs
If you like these Baked Eggs with Spinach, you might also like:
- Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes
- Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese
- Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
- Bacon, Potato and Egg Casserole
- Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole
Baked Eggs with Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces spinach, large stems removed
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 4 (6 oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the cooked spinach among the prepared ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin and sprinkle each with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the whites are set and the yolks are firm around the edges but still soft in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese. Serve immediately. We like to serve the baked eggs with toast.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Great easy breakfast. Love this baked eggs with spinach!
Amazing recipe, easy, quick, delish, and inexpensive! Win, win, win!!!
Totally wish I was chowing down on this as we speak 🙂 Way better than my English muffin breakfast!
The baked eggs would be great WITH your English muffin:)
I want to start my day with this! Yum!
This looks so great Maria!
Yum yum! I love baked eggs =)
This is EXACTLY the quick, tasty and actually heathy breakfast solution I’ve been looking for! Gotta try this soon!
I love using ramekins to make simple egg dishes. There’s so many ways you can dress them up. This dish looks so colorful, fresh, and tasty!
I love all of these ingredients, so this sounds divine! Love the idea of serving them in the individual dishes – my kids would love that, too!
This is the perfect way to start the day! Love that avocado!
So cute! And easy to make!
Used red onion (instead of shallot) and goat cheese (instead of feta) because that’s what I had. 20 min over cooked my egg but it was still so DELISH! Can’t wait to try again!
I’ve been looking for easy egg breaky ideas for my girls basketball team. We’ve got a tournament and I’m the cook/manager.
This is just what I need. I’m thinking large muffin tins will work and maybe line the tins with a slice wholemeal bread and fill as per recipe. But I’ll practice first. Thanks.
I make a similar dish and just pop it in the microwave to cook the egg- good especially if you are only making 1 or 2! Will have to try yours out!
Mmmm, such a healthy breakfast!
Can this be made in a muffin tin?
I did our in a muffin tins and they came out just fine,but I would tweak the cooking time as mine can out overcooked. But overall, it was very tasty
Love this combination over quinoa with a poached eggs. My go to breakfast!
Hi! I really like your content. Your post is really informative. I have learned a lot from your article and I’m looking forward to apply it with my children and in my class too,
20 minutes was too long, eggs came out hard cooked. Other than that, delicious and beautiful, got lots of wows from guests! Parmesan instead of goat cheese was also tasty.
Can this be done with 2 eggs?
Sure, you can half the recipe.
I made these for a large breakfast gathering we had recently. Everyone loved them, me included. Yum. So simple to prepare. Everyone was able to garnish theirs to their individual tastes. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Glad you loved them.