Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole-this easy breakfast casserole feeds a crowd and can be made in advance. It is perfect for holidays and get togethers.
We have family coming in town for the holidays and we are so excited. My dad is coming and Josh’s brother and his family are coming. There will be six boys, all five and under. It is going to be a fun and wild time. I am starting to plan what food to have on hand and this easy Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole is on the list. I know all of the boys will love it!
I love breakfast casseroles because they are easy to make, can be made in advance, and feed a crowd. Plus, the leftovers reheat well. I don’t know if we will have any leftovers this time around since I am feeding a houseful of boys, I am sure they will devour this casserole.
This easy egg casserole is filled with sausage, cheese, breakfast potatoes, red pepper, onion, and spinach. I like to sneak in the spinach, my boys don’t even know it’s there:) This is one of their favorite meals.
If you have company coming for the holidays, I highly recommend you make this Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole. It is great for Christmas morning or any morning. And it will go great with my dad’s cinnamon rolls. My dad makes them every year and we can’t wait to be spoiled with his famous cinnamon rolls! We are going to have a fun and delicious holiday!
If you like this breakfast casserole, check out:
- Caprese Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole
- Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
- Egg Vegetable Casserole
Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes you don't have to thaw or cook the potatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Place sausage on a plate that has been lined with paper towels to drain the grease. Set aside.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. Stir in the cooked vegetables, potatoes, spinach, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and the sausage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top remaining cheese and green onions. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are firm and the top is slightly golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Note: This casserole can be made in advance. Pour the mixture in the pan and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake when ready to eat. You can also reheat the casserole.