If you read my last post about healthy breakfast ideas, you know I am a huge fan of breakfast foods. Unfortunately, I work during the weeks and don’t have a ton of time to make glamorous morning meals. I love my bowl of oatmeal, but when I have extra time I try to spice things up a bit.
A couple of weekends ago I had the pleasure of cooking brunch with one of my favorite blogging friends, Katie, from Good Life Eats. We met last summer and hung out at Blogher Food-I just love Katie! When she emailed and said she was coming to Utah for a visit, I was super excited. This time we made sure we had time to cook together.
We made brunch that was fit for a king: homemade granola with yogurt and fruit, a baked frittata with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese, and pear almond scones with a honey almond glaze. Everything was fabulous. We had so much fun in the kitchen-we are a great team. I just wish we lived closer so we could do it more often:(
I am sharing the frittata with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese recipe today. I am usually not an egg person, but this dish is stellar. I loved the Medterranean flavors. I am a huge artichoke fan, so I used a very generous amount:) This dish is great for feeding a crowd too, everyone loved it.
Head on over to Katie’s blog for the pear almond scone recipe-they are amazing-you don’t want to miss this recipe!
Thanks again Katie-I can’t wait until we can meet up again. Hopefully sooner than later:)
Baked Frittata with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese
- 18 eggs
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 3 15 oz. jars of artichoke hearts in water drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the 18 eggs together.
- 2. In a medium pan, saute the onion in the olive oil until tender. Add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the onions and garlic to the eggs. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and artichokes. Add the parsley and salt and pepper. Stir in the feta cheese.
- 4. Pour the egg mixture into a 9 by 13 glass Pyrex dish that has been coated with cooking spray. If you want, you can add extra cheese to the top of the egg mixture once it is in the pan.
- 5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- 6. Let the egg casserole cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy: