Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups-these easy baked banana blueberry oatmeal cups are vegan and gluten-free! They are perfect for breakfast on the go, school lunches, or snack time!
When our boys wake up, they go straight to the kitchen and ask what is for breakfast. I have learned to be prepared so there are no tears in the morning. They wake up hungry and want food ASAP. I always keep Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups in the freezer so I can pull them out for my hungry boys. They reheat in seconds and Caleb and Maxwell love them…and so do I. I always heat up one for me too:)
We are big baked oatmeal fans and I love making a big pan, but sometimes it is fun to switch things up. These baked oatmeal cups are easy to make and fun to eat! They are made with oats, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, bananas, and blueberries. I always have these ingredients on hand so I can whip these baked oatmeal muffins up all the time and anytime.
I love the individual portion sizes. They are super cute and make the perfect grab and go breakfast. I keep a batch in our freezer at all times so I can pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds for an easy and healthy breakfast.
The oatmeal cups also make a great snack. You can pack them in lunch boxes, take them on road trips, plane trips, hikes, or picnics! They are an all day, good for you snack!
Make sure you try my easy Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups. They are a breakfast favorite at our house and I think you will love them too!
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
- Blueberry Maple Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Peach Almond Baked Oatmeal
Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats , gluten free if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (½ cup mashed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk or your choice)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed banana, flaxseed mixture, melted coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup evenly. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the cups are a golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve warm.
- Note-if you don’t need the recipe to be vegan you can use one egg instead of the flaxseed and water mixture. The oatmeal cups will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod