I’ve always been a fan of banana pudding. Creamy pudding, vanilla wafers, bananas, and whipped cream, Mmmm! Such a comforting classic dessert! I decided to take banana pudding and turn it into a cookie. I am always dreaming up new cookie recipes:)
I wasn’t sure if my idea would work, but these Banana Pudding cookies taste just like Banana Pudding. If you put on a blind fold and took a bite, I bet you would think you were eating banana pudding. Ok, well the texture is a little different since it is a cookie, but the flavor is spot on! 🙂
To create the Banana Pudding Cookies, I added a package of Banana Cream Pudding mix into the cookie dough. I love using pudding mixes in cookies because the pudding keeps the cookies super soft. If you like soft cookies, make sure you try my Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Pudding Cookies.
The Banana Cream Pudding gave the cookies the perfect banana flavor. You can’t have banana pudding with out vanilla wafers, so I added chopped up vanilla wafers into the cookie dough too! They added a nice little crunch and brought the banana pudding flavor to life. I stirred in white chocolate chips for the sweet whipped cream flavor.
If you are a banana pudding fan, you HAVE to make these Banana Pudding Cookies. Get your banana pudding fix in cookie form!
Banana Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package banana cream instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the vanilla wafer cookies and white chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Banana Pudding Cookies, you might also like: