Tomorrow is National Banana Bread Day so hopefully you have brown bananas sitting on your counter. If you don’t, try to buy some over ripe bananas at the grocery store or knock on your neighbors door. I am sure they will give you their brown bananas as long as you promise to share your bread:) You NEED to bake banana bread tomorrow!
I love baking Buttermilk Banana Bread or Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread, but since it is a holiday I created an extra special banana bread recipe-Biscoff Banana Bread with Biscoff Cookie Streusel. You better believe I put Biscoff Spread AND Biscoff Cookies in a loaf of banana bread. Don’t call me crazy, well, you can if you want, but trust me on this one. This banana bread is out of this world delicious! If you are a Biscoff fan, you are going to swoon over this recipe.
The Biscoff Spread keeps the banana bread nice and moist and compliments the banana flavor. The Biscoff Cookie Streusel gets sprinkled on top of the loaf right before going into the oven. The streusel is made up of Biscoff cookies, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. So simple, yet so amazing! Adding cookies to banana bread is always a good idea:)
The Biscoff Streusel adds a nice crunch to the banana bread. If you are a Biscoff lover like me, spread Biscoff Spread on your warm slice of banana bread instead of butter. It melts into the banana bread and brings out the Biscoff flavor even more. You can never have too much Biscoff!
Celebrate National Banana Bread Day with Biscoff Banana Bread with Biscoff Cookie Streusel. I know I am baking up a loaf tomorrow! Maybe I will bake two loaves so I can share the banana bread love. Banana bread always makes a great gift and this bread is the perfect weekend treat! I can’t wait to enjoy a slice slathered with Biscoff. Hurry up tomorrow!
Biscoff Banana Bread with Biscoff Cookie Streusel
For the Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
For the Biscoff Cookie Streusel:
- 1/2 cup chopped Biscoff cookies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together your mashed bananas, Biscoff Spread, canola oil, egg, vanilla, and sugars.
- Add the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy, don't over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine chopped Biscoff cookies, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir until combined. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown before the bread is done baking, place aluminum foil loosely over the bread and finish baking.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Note-you can also use Trader Joe's Cookie Butter in place of the Biscoff Spread.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod