This easy Buttermilk Banana Bread Recipe always gets rave reviews! Some say it is the BEST banana bread recipe out there. If you have brown bananas and buttermilk to use up, make this banana bread. You won’t be disappointed.
I am always trying to find new uses for brown bananas and buttermilk. I always seem to have an abundance of these two ingredients. Josh doesn’t like bananas, but I still buy them in large bunches. I have good intentions to eat them, but they always turn on me too quickly. I also buy the large container of buttermilk because it is a better deal. I usually use the little bit I bought it for and wait until it is about to expire, then everything we eat involves buttermilk.
Last week, I was thinking of ways to use up bananas and buttermilk and decided to bake Buttermilk Banana Bread. I was able to use up my brown bananas and some buttermilk, WIN!
Bananas & Buttermilk – Yum!
Buttermilk and bananas are meant to be friends. They team up in this recipe to create a very moist loaf of bread. This banana bread is light in flavor and color. Itreminds me of a very moist banana pound cake because of the rich, buttery crumb. It is SO good warm with a little butter. Some say it is the BEST banana bread recipe they have ever made. It is definitely a favorite at our house!
You can make muffins or mini loaves with this banana bread recipe, just reduce the baking time. The bread also freezes well. I always like having a loaf in the freezer for a rainy day…or any day!
If you are pondering what to do with the overripe bananas on your counter and the buttermilk in your refrigerator, make this easy quick bread. Your house will fill with a wonderful aroma and you will have a tasty snack or delicious breakfast. Banana bread is ALWAYS a good idea.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Best Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
How to Make Buttermilk Banana Bread
Buttermilk Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed brown bananas (3 medium sized bananas)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or by using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the bread with a knife and carefully remove from pan. Let the bread cool completely on the cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.
OMG!!!!! Yes! So so moist! I needed to make a double batch and I didn’t have enough eggs. I used 2 eggs and soaked flax seed to the equivalent of 2 eggs. Added a 1/4t extra baking soda and 1t apple cider vinegar. So so good!
Delicious! Between our house and my sister’s, it didn’t last long. Will be making again soon.
It never lasts long at our house either:)
See More Comments