These light and fluffy Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles with a sweet maple glaze will make any morning better!
Monday, I am not ready to see you. I want to rewind to yesterday when we had a lazy morning at home. The boys actually slept in a little and when they woke up they came into our room and we all snuggled in our bed. I live for those moments. Josh also made Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles for breakfast. It was a pretty perfect morning. It was nice to relax with no agenda.
But now, it is Monday and that means it is time to get things done. It is a busy week with lots of go, go, go! I am going to need some major motivation to get me through this week and another Blueberry Sour Cream Waffle. It’s a good thing we stuck some in the freezer. I might have to bust into our stash sooner than later. They will for sure make Monday better!
This waffle recipe comes from Joy the Baker’s new book, Over Easy. The book is filled with 125 recipes for brunching, which is the best meal ever. It is the meal where it is totally acceptable mix sweet and savory, the best of both worlds.
When then the boys saw the picture of blueberry waffles in the book, they yelled for Josh to come look at the recipe. Josh usually makes waffles every Sunday for the boys, that is his thing, so they knew to go straight to the waffle master. Josh told them he would bookmark the waffles. He made them yesterday and they really made our lazy Sunday morning special.
The light and fluffy waffles are dotted with fresh blueberries and drizzled with a sweet maple glaze. When Josh delivered the boys their plates they were beyond excited. They couldn’t believe we were letting them eat waffles with FROSTING for breakfast. They were on cloud nine and ate every single bite.
Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles with Maple Glaze are a new favorite at our house. They are going to be a regular on the weekends. Now, hurry up weekend, I like you a lot better than Mondays.
Make sure you check out Joy’s new book, Over Easy. It’s a winner! I want to brunch every day.
If you like these Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles, you might also like:
- Brown Butter Banana Waffles
- Maple Roasted Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
- Coconut Raspberry Waffles
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles
- Belgian Waffles
- French Toast
Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles with Maple Glaze
For the Waffles:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries plus more for serving
For the Maple Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk until smooth. Pour the mixture all at once into the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the blueberries. Try not to overmix the batter; if a few lumps remain, that is fine.
- Dollop 1/4-cup portions of batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown according to your waffle iron's instructions. Transfer to a wire cooling rack while you make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, butter, maple syrup, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the waffles with the maple glaze and top with additional blueberries. Serve.
- Note-the waffles freeze well. Cool completely and place in a freezer bag for up to one month. To reheat, place in the toaster or microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod