Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles-the perfect breakfast treat for any fall morning!
On Monday, we shared a recipe for Brown Butter Buttermilk Syrup. It’s the best syrup that will ever touch your lips. If you need a reason to make it, today we have your reason-Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles. The syrup and waffles are like peas and carrots. Yes, I was using my best Forrest Gump voice to say that:) Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles drenched in Brown Butter Buttermilk Syrup-the true breakfast of champions!
Our Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes are my favorite pancakes and these Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles are already in the running for my favorite waffle. I love me some pumpkin! There is no better way to start the day on a crisp fall morning!
We used our KitchenAid Waffle Baker to make our glorious pumpkin waffles. It makes two waffles at the same time. Cool, huh? The faster we make waffles means the faster we are eating them! Yay!
We used whole wheat flour and a combination of our favorite fall spices-cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. These hearty spiced waffles with a touch of brown butter will help you welcome fall with open arms. Top the waffles with Brown Butter Buttermilk Syrup and you might just faint! And if you think it might be too much brown butter, think again! You can never have too much brown butter. They compliment each other nicely!
Say hello to fall season with Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles. You will be starting the season off in the best possible way! And I guarantee you will be making Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles more than once. I am already ready for another one! Good thing we put some in the freezer! Gotta run! It’s waffle time!
Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- Brown Butter Buttermilk Syrup for serving
- Preheat waffle iron. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown, Skim foam from top, and remove from heat. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking, leaving any burned sediment behind; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, pumpkin, and browned butter. Whisk in dry ingredients just until smooth.
- Spray hot waffle iron with cooking spray and spoon batter into waffle iron, spreading quickly. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Continue making waffles until batter is gone. Keep waffles warm in a 250 degree F oven. Serve warm with Brown Butter Buttermilk Syrup, if desired.
- Note-these waffles freeze well. Cool completely and put in a freezer bag! Pop them in the toaster to reheat!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod