Brown Butter Maple Granola-the brown butter makes this homemade granola recipe extra special!
Homemade granola is one of my favorite things to make and eat! It is so easy to make at home and it always tastes so much better than store bought granola. I love making big batches to have on hand for breakfast and snacking.
Before our little baby arrived, I made a big batch of Brown Butter Maple Granola. I am so glad I did because it sure has come in handy! I have been munching on it nonstop. I love grabbing a few handfuls when I am up in the middle of the night feeding the baby:)
This Brown Butter Maple Granola is simple to make and I bet you have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. And trust me, you need to make a batch right now because it is AMAZING! It is my new favorite granola recipe. And you want to know why? Two words, BROWN BUTTER!
I love using brown butter in my recipes and it makes this granola extra special! I used one Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter Half Stick. It is the perfect amount for this recipe! I brown the butter in a small skillet until it smells nutty and is a toasty brown color.
I combine all of the ingredients in a big bowl and spread the granola out on a large baking sheet. I bake until the granola is golden brown, stirring a few times to make sure the granola gets evenly toasted.
After I pull the granola out of the oven, I stir in dried cranberries. Feel free to mix it up and use your favorite dried fruit. Raisins, dried cherries, or dried blueberries would also be good!
I heart this Brown Butter Maple Granola! It is almost TOO good! I can’t stop snacking on it! I like eating it plain, but it is also great with yogurt or milk! And it is a great back to school recipe. You can make it in advance and have it around the house for easy breakfasts or after school snacking. Caleb loves it and I am sure your kids will too!
Make a batch of Brown Butter Maple Granola today! Trust me, it is the BEST granola! Our stash is getting low, I think I need to make another batch while the baby is sleeping:)
Brown Butter Maple Granola
This homemade granola recipe is the BEST! It's great for breakfast, snacking, and even dessert!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Half Stick 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt the Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter over medium heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl. Add the maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Pour the brown butter maple mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are well-coated.
- 4. Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread granola into an even layer. Bake for 35 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in dried cranberries. Let the granola cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
- Note-any dried fruit is great in this granola.
Two Peas and Their Pod has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.