Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies-soft and chewy brown sugar cookies with butterscotch chips! A new favorite!
I think I have an addiction to chocolate chips. I have a drawer in our freezer that is filled with bags and bags of chocolate chips. I also have bags in my baking drawer and downstairs in our food storage. I buy every kind of chips: semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mini, cinnamon, white chocolate, peanut butter, mint, butterscotch, and any other speciality chips I can find.
I was going through my stash and found six bags of butterscotch chips. Oops! I guess I got a little carried away. I love butterscotch and decided it was going to be a butterscotch baking day. I was tempted to make my Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies or my Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies, but I wanted to create a new cookie. I ended up making Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies. They are a new favorite! I LOVE these cookies!
I’ve made Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies before and they are a favorite at our house. I decided to use the same base recipe, but mix things up by using butterscotch chips instead of toffee. I love toffee so I was a little nervous I wouldn’t like the cookies as much, but I was wrong. I am obsessed with these cookies.
I actually wasn’t going to post this recipe since it is so similar to my Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies, but I decided they NEED their own post. They are that good! You HAVE to make these cookies!
The brown sugar cookies are soft and chewy. The sweet butterscotch chips are dotted throughout the cookie and take the cookies from good to GREAT! The brown sugar and butterscotch combo is to die for!
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies are a thing…a very good thing! You need to make a batch. Just be careful, they are dangerous. I think I ate six cookies in one day. I am eating for two though so technically I only had three cookies. I shared with the baby:)
I might have to go back to the store to buy more butterscotch chips. I only have five bags left and I want to make Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies every day!
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Cookies
Soft and chewy brown sugar cookies with sweet butterscotch chips! You have to make these cookies! They are a favorite at our house!
Yield: 26 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Extra dark brown sugar for rolling cookies, about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place butter and dark brown sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until the just combined. Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form tablespoons size balls of cookie dough. Roll balls in brown sugar. Place on balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Do not over bake. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Slightly adapted from EpicuriousAll images and text ©Two Peas & Their Pod.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!