Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza
Looking for a unique and fun pizza recipe for your next pizza party? Make this Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza! It’s always a hit!
It’s Friday and that means it’s pizza night at the Lichty house! Tonight we are making a few kinds of pizza pies-Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pizza, BBQ Chicken Deluxe Pizza, and this Sweet Corn and Avocado Pizza. It’s a pizza party and you are all invited!
I love trying new pizza recipes and toppings. This pizza was inspired by my favorite Charred Corn & Avocado Quinoa Salad. I used all of the same flavors and ingredients to create a killer pizza!
My mouth is watering just thinking about eating a slice of this Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza. Hurry up Friday night! We might have to move our pizza party to lunch time:)
We topped our favorite pizza dough with Pepper Jack cheese, charred corn, roasted poblano pepper, and cilantro. We cooked the pizza until the cheese was melted and the crust was golden brown. We added avocado slices, cotija cheese, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Sounds good, huh? I bet your mouth is watering too!
We also like to add a few drops of Tabasco hot sauce to our pizza slices. The Tabasco adds the perfect kick and flavor! This pizza will take your tastebuds on a wild ride. It’s all kinds of awesome!
Kick off your weekend with a Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza. This pizza is also perfect for game day! Football season is in full swing and you can’t go wrong with a slice of Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza while you cheer on your favorite team!
Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza
Pizza with Pepper Jack cheese, charred corn, poblano peppers, cilantro, avocado, cotija cheese, and fresh lime juice. This unique pizza is full of flavor and perfect for any pizza party!
Yield: 1 large pizza
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- 1-16 ounce pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 small ear grilled sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 roasted poblano peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados, sliced, pit and skin removed
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Tabasco Sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Spread the pizza evenly with olive oil. Top cheese, corn kernels, peppers, and cilantro.
- Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with avocado slices and cotija cheese. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the pizza. Cut into slices and serve with Tabasco sauce, if desired.
Note: If we don’t have time to make homemade pizza dough we like to use Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods refrigerated pizza dough. To char the corn and roast the poblano pepper, place the corn and poblano pepper on a hot grill or over a gas flame. Cook until they are black and charred. Remove the black skin on the peppers, and dice. Cotija cheese is a Mexican cheese and you can find it at most markets. If you can’t find it, feta is a good substitution.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Tabasco, but our opinions are our own.