Chocolate Kiss Cookies-decadent chocolate cookies rolled in sprinkles and topped with a chocolate kiss. A fun cookie for the holidays or any occasion!
I love baking cookies, especially during the holidays. I love turning on Christmas music, lighting the tree, and baking all of my favorite Christmas cookies. Every year, I make:
- soft gingersnaps
- lime coconut snowballs
- brown butter salted caramel snickerdoodles
- chocolate peppermint crunch cookies
- soft peanut butter cookies
- chocolate dipped toffee shortbread
- Mexican wedding cookies
- peanut butter blossoms
Ok, I will stop there. I go cookie crazy!! I can’t control myself. My new favorite holiday cookie are these Chocolate Kiss Cookies! They are fun to make and the festive holiday sprinkles make them a holiday hit!
This cookie recipe is from Sally’s new cookbook, Sally’s Cookie Addiction, which is filled with amazing cookies. When I saw these cookies, I knew they would be the perfect Christmas cookie and I was right! They are sure to be the star of every holiday cookie platter!
The boys loved helping me make these cookies. I let them roll the chocolate cookie dough balls in the sprinkles and they thought I was the best mom ever. I also let them help put the chocolate kisses in the center of the cookies after they came out of the oven. Of course, they sampled a few along the way:)
The cookies are very decadent, thanks to the rich chocolate cookie base and the chocolate kiss on top. Make sure you have a glass of cold milk nearby…and make sure you leave a glass for Santa too. I have a feeling Santa will LOVE these cookies.
And these chocolate kiss cookies aren’t just for Christmas. You can make them year round by changing up the sprinkles. You can use red, white, and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day, green sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day, pastel sprinkles for Easter, or rainbow sprinkles for birthdays!
You could also use different flavored kisses in the center. Candy cane, mint, Hugs, almond…use your favorite! These fun cookies are perfect for any occasion!
Make sure you bake these cookies this holiday season, they are guaranteed to make everyone happy! And check out Sally’s Cookie Addiction. The book is filled with amazing cookie recipes!
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 25 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl. Roll the balls of dough, about 3 teaspoons of dough per cookie, then roll each ball into the sprinkles to coat. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Press the chocolate kisses into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod