St. Patrick’s Day is on Saturday so this week we will be sharing a few festive green recipes to get you in the mood! These Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies aren’t all that green, but they do have green mint chips and chopped up Cool Mint Oreo’s, so I think they make a great green treat for St. Paddy’s Day. The green mint chips and Mint Oreo chunks add pops of green color to the dark chocolaty cookies. If you are a chocolate and mint fan, these cookies are for you! They are loaded with chocolate mint goodness!
I started by making a rich chocolate cookie dough. I added chocolate chips, mint green chips, and stirred in chopped up Cool Mint Oreos. FYI-I used Guitard mint green chips and I found the Cool Mint Oreos at Target.
These cookies are rich and decadent with a refreshing mint twist. The cookies are good on their own, but if you want to go all out and add a little more green to the mix, you could make ice cream cookie sandwiches with mint chocolate chip ice cream in the center.
If you are looking for a fun and tasty dessert to make for St. Patrick’s Day, make these Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies. They are sure to be a hit!
And while we are on the subject of cookies, make sure you sign up for our Cookie Cravings cookbook email list! Cookie Cravings will go on sale NEXT week! We are excited and we hope you are too! And come back tomorrow, because I have a fun giveaway to share with all of you:)
Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups mint green chips I used Guitard
- 1 cup chopped Cool Mint Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, mint green chips, and chopped Cool Mint Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies, you might also like: