Flourless Chocolate Cookies – the BEST chocolate cookies and they are gluten-free! Chocolate lovers will go crazy for these cookies! They are the ultimate chocolate cookie!
Divine Chocolate Cookies
When we went to Jackson Hole this summer I not only fell in love with Jackson Hole but with Persephone Bakery. I love everything about that little bakery-the style, atmosphere, friendly staff, and the sweets. I sampled several items from the darling bakery, but my favorite was the Flourless Chocolate Cookie. I enjoyed every morsel of that cookie and haven’t stopped thinking about it since our trip.
I wish I could drive to Jackson Hole every week to get my cookie fix, but since I hate driving in the snow, I decided to create my own Flourless Chocolate Cookie. I played around last week and ended up with the most divine chocolate cookie I have ever tasted. Don’t tell Persephone Bakery, but I think my cookie is even better:) You are going to love these gluten-free cookies…and you really won’t know they are gluten-free because they are SO good!
How to Make Flourless Chocolate Cookies
There is no flour in these cookies so these are gluten free chocolate cookies. Don’t worry, you won’t miss the flour because there is LOTS of chocolate instead! These cookies are so rich and divine.
Persephone Bakery uses chopped walnuts in their cookie, but I used my favorite Dark Chocolate Almonds for my chocolate cookies. I am seriously obsessed with these almonds. They are heavenly and super addicting. I thought they would be perfect in my chocolate cookies…and I was right. The extra dose of chocolate took these chocolate cookies to a whole new level of goodness.
Look at the cookie batter? Don’t you want to dive right in? The chocolate cookie batter is very thick and similar to brownie batter.
CHOCOLATE, Chocolate Cookies
So, I added in mini chocolate chips because if you are going to have a chocolate cookie, have a chocolate cookie! No scrimping! These cookies have cocoa, Dark Cocoa Almonds, AND mini chocolate chips. Pure chocolate bliss! The cookies are super rich and fudgy! You will need a big glass of milk to wash these babies down!
Note: If you can’t find cocoa almonds, you can use regular almonds, pecans, or walnuts. They all work well with these flourless cookies. And if you normally don’t like nuts in your cookies, don’t be afraid, these are SO good. I am normally not a nut in cookie gal, but these are chocolate cookies are divine!
Best Chocolate Cookies, Really.
These flourless cookies are super dense, rich and fudgy! You will need a big glass of milk to wash these babies down!
One cookie cured my chocolate craving for the day! I was blown away by the intense chocolate flavor! I packaged the rest of the cookies up and shared them with our neighbors and friends. Ok, I saved a few for myself. I couldn’t part with them all. They are too good:) You are going to love these gluten free chocolate cookies!
Chocolate Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day because everyone NEEDS chocolate on Valentine’s Day and these flourless cookies are the VERY best chocolate cookies.
If you like these Flourless Chocolate Cookies, check out:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies
- Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten-Free Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 12 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Almonds can use regular almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, and mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat egg whites until they are white and foamy, but are not stiff peaks. Fold in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of beaten egg whites and gently stir with a spatula until combined. The batter will be thick, like brownie batter.
- Use a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls. Place the dough balls about two-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes, until the cookies are puffed, shiny and cracked. Remove cookies from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies from the baking sheet and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Note-if you don't have cocoa almonds, you can use regular almonds or walnuts. If you need the cookies to be gluten-free, make sure you check the packaging of the chocolate chips and cocoa to make sure they are gluten-free.
flourless chocolate cookies, flourless cookies