Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Chocolate Pistachio Cookies-chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks, pistachios, and a sprinkling of sea salt. These cookies are a great Christmas cookie or any day cookie!
Christmas is one week away and I plan on baking cookies every day until Santa comes. I want to make sure we have a good assortment for him to choose from. This week’s cookie agenda includes some of our very favorite Christmas cookies!
- Brown butter salted caramel snickerdoodles
- Mexican wedding cookies
- Soft peanut butter cookies
- Chocolate kiss cookies
- Lime coconut snowballs
- Soft gingersnaps
AND Chocolate Pistachio Cookies!!! It is going to be a delicious week!
I have a million other things to do to get ready for Christmas this week, but I always make time for Christmas cookie baking. It is my favorite thing to do and this is the last week so I have to make as many cookies as I can.
I am REALLY excited for my Chocolate Pistachio Cookies, they SO good.
I fell in love with pistachios in cookies when I created my dark chocolate chunk pistachio cookies. They are a favorite, I love them, but I decided it was time for a double chocolate version. My Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are made with cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. Chocolate lovers, you are going to LOVE these cookies.
The rich, chocolate cookies are filled with pistachios, chocolate chunks, and finished with a sprinkling of sea salt. The pop of green the pistachios makes the cookies festive and you will love the pistachio crunch!
Add Chocolate Pistachio Cookies to your to do list this week. Tis’ the season for COOKIES!
Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks, pistachios, and a sprinkling of sea salt. These cookies are a great Christmas cookie or any day cookie!
Yield: 32 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (can use chocolate chips)
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pistachios. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
5. Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!