Grilled Steak Fajitas – get out the grill and make grilled steak fajitas with sizzling peppers and onions! Serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings!
Steak Fajitas on the Grill
We have been using our grill almost every day this summer. We love eating outside and we love keeping the house as cool as possible. Plus, grilled food just tastes better, especially during the summer!
Josh usually takes charge when it comes to grilling and he is currently loving Grilled Steak Fajitas! This is one of his favorite summer meals and he loves grilling up fajitas when we have company over for dinner. They are easy to make and so delicious, plus everyone can top their fajitas with their favorite toppings!
How to Make Steak Fajitas
- You can use skirt steak or flank steak to make fajitas, both are great.
- He marinates the steak in fresh lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Then, he adds a spicy chili rub of lime zest, salt, sugar, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cinnamon
- To go with the steak, he grills up colorful bell peppers and red onion. Sizzle, sizzle!
- Then, he grills until perfection, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Don’t over cook the steak or it will be tough.
- After you remove the steak from the grill let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Then Josh cuts the steak into strips and assembles the steak fajitas, including tons of yummy toppings.
- Serve the steak fajitas with flour tortillas or corn tortillas and your favorite fajita toppings. A few of our favorites include: diced tomato or pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese, cilantro, and sour cream.
The next time you are craving steak fajitas, get out the grill! The grill makes amazing fajitas and you don’t have to heat up the house!
Side Dish Suggestions
Serve the fajitas with these tasty side dishes!
Easy Steak Fajitas Never Disappoint
Grilled Steak Fajitas make a great summer dinner! They are easy to grill up and are also fun for entertaining. Let your guests assemble their own steak fajitas. Set out a variety of toppings and let them go fajita crazy!
Fire up the grill and make Grilled Steak Fajitas this summer! Enjoy!
More Fajitas Recipes:
Grilled Steak Fajitas
Get out the grill and make grilled steak fajitas with sizzling peppers and onions! Serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings!
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
For the Steak:
- 16 ounces flank steak or skirt steak
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Veggies:
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Optional Toppings: tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, pico de gallo
- Place the steak in a 9×13 pan or Ziploc bag and squeeze fresh lime juice over it, making sure the entire steak is covered. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine lime zest, salt, sugar, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over steak and rub into the meat. Let sit for an additional 10 minutes. Place peppers and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place steak directly on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let the steak rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. While the steak is resting, grill the vegetables. Put the vegetables on a grill pan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Cut the steak into strips. Place steak and vegetables in a flour tortilla and top with desired toppings. Serve warm.
Note-you can heat the tortillas up right on the grill!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!