Grilled Steak Tacos
Grilled Steak Tacos with with red onion, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco are great for Taco Tuesday or any summer day!
Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday, our favorite day of the week. We want to make sure you are ready to celebrate Taco Tuesday, so today we are sharing this awesome recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos. This is Josh’s favorite taco recipe. He says they are the bomb diggity. His words, not mine:)
To make the steak tacos:
- Use flank steak. It is a lean cut of beef and is best when cooked to medium rare and thinly sliced, making it perfect for tacos.
- Only marinate the steak in lime juice for 30 minutes or the steak will get mushy. This is a quick and easy recipe, you don’t have to marinate the steak for hours.
- The chili lime rub is easy to prepare and uses ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
- Grill the steak at high heat.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing so you don’t lose all of the juice and flavor.
- Cut the steak across the grain. It will be tough and chewy unless you cut it across the grain to break up the muscle fibers.
- Serve the steak tacos with your favorite toppings. We use red onion, avocado slices, cilantro, and queso fresco.
Boom! Are you ready to grill some tacos? If you can’t wait until Tuesday, I completely understand. Tacos are welcome any day of the week!
These Grilled Chili Lime Steak Tacos are always a hit at our house and make a great summer meal. Eat them outside on the patio and they will taste even better:) Enjoy!
If you like these Grilled Chili Lime Steak Tacos, you might also like:
- Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
- Honey Lime Salmon Tacos
- Three Bean Tacos
- Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
Grilled Chili Lime Steak Tacos
Grilled Chili Lime Steak tacos with avocado, red onion, cilantro, and queso fresco make a great summer dinner!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest of 1 large lime
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Olive oil, for grill
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Place the flank steak in a 9×13 pan. Pour lime juice over the steak and let marinate for 30 minutes, at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime zest, salt, sugar, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and cinnamon.
- Rub both sides of the steak with the spice mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the rub adhere to the meat.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Lightly coat a paper towel with oil and, holding it with long tongs, carefully rub the oiled towel over the grill rack. Place steak directly on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let the steak rest on a cutting board, covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, warm the corn tortillas on the grill or use a gas flame to char them slightly.
- Cut the steak into strips, against the grain. Place steak strips in the corn tortillas and top with red onion, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco. Squeeze with lime juice, if desired. Serve warm.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!