Ice Cream French Toast-ice cream is the secret ingredient to making the BEST French toast. Trust me, you HAVE to try this recipe!
I am a sucker for French toast. I order it almost every time we go out to breakfast. When I was in Seaside, Florida I had the French toast at Pickle’s and it was SO good. I complimented the owner, Heavenly, on her fabulous French toast and she shared her secret. She uses ice cream to make the French toast. No wonder it was so good! Such a genius idea!
When I got home, I told Josh we needed to make French toast with ice cream. He was game! So we made Ice Cream French Toast and it is now our favorite French toast recipe! You’ve gotta try it!
Since July is National Ice Cream Month, I thought it would be appropriate to share our Ice Cream French Toast recipe with you all! The more ice cream the merrier!
So the secret is to use melted vanilla ice cream as the French toast base…instead of milk or heavy cream. Again, genius idea! I don’t know why I never thought of using ice cream before! Make sure you use a really good vanilla ice cream to get the best results!
We added a little vanilla and cinnamon to our ice cream and egg mixture. We dunked Texas Toast into the mixture and cooked the bread to perfection! We ended up with the BEST French toast.
We topped the French toast with maple syrup, fresh berries, and a dusting of powdered sugar. We also added a scoop of vanilla ice cream because why not? It is ice cream month!
If you are looking for the BEST French toast recipe, look no further, you’ve found it! This Ice Cream French Toast is pure perfection! I’ve eaten a lot of French toast in my lifetime and I am seriously smitten with this recipe!
More French Toast Recipes:
- Classic French Toast
- Baked French Toast Sticks
- Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- Pumpkin French Toast
- Baked French Toast
Ice Cream French Toast
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
For the French Toast:
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 pieces Texas Toast or your favorite bread
- Maple Syrup
- Ice Cream
- Preheat a griddle according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a shallow baking dish or pie plate, combine the melted ice cream, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until blended. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing the bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Spray the hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray, cook the bread in batches until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.
- Note: If not serving immediately, keep warm in a 250 degree F oven until ready to eat.