Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests are a fun and easy treat for Easter and spring! You will love the Nutella filling!?
Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner, so today I am sharing a cookie recipe for, Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests. The cookies are easy and fun to make, Josh actually made the cookies and I decorated them. We make a great team:) The coconut nests are super cute and the Nutella center is divine!
We used our favorite coconut macaroon recipe to make the cookies. Josh shaped the macaroons into little bird nests and baked them until they were slightly golden brown. After the macaroons cooled, I got to decorate them! If you have children, get them to help you decorate the nests. It is a ton of fun. I know I had a good time playing with Nutella and candy:)
I spooned a big blob of Nutella into the centers of the nests and topped the Nutella with candy eggs. I used M&M’s Speck-tacular Eggs, but feel free to use your favorite Easter candy. Cadbury Mini Eggs or Robin Eggs would also be good. Oh, how I love Easter candy!
Make these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests for Easter this year. They would be a great addition to any Easter basket or a great treat to place at each place setting for Easter brunch of dinner. They are almost too pretty and cute to eat-almost:)
If you like these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests, you might also like:
- ? Coconut Lemon Macaroon Nests
- Bunny Tails
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs
- Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons
Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 cup Nutella
- Chocolate Easter Egg Candy use your favorite
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
- With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.
- Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
- Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod