Cream Cheese Pound Cake – This easy pound cake recipe is a family favorite dessert and the perfect cake for any occasion. File this amazing pound cake recipe, you won’t regret it!
A Pound Cake Recipe for any Celebration
Every celebration NEEDS a fantastic cake and today we are sharing the perfect pound cake recipe for any celebration, Cream Cheese Pound Cake. This classic pound cake recipe is a family favorite dessert and comes out perfect every single time. You can’t go wrong with this cake. It is perfect for birthdays, holidays, or just because you want to eat cake. Every day is a good day to make and eat cake!
Easy Pound Cake Recipe You’ll Love
This easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe comes from our friend Robyn’s cookbook, Add a Pinch. Robyn is fabulous and so is this cake. You only need seven simple ingredients to make this cake, ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This pound cake is so easy to whip up and the results are amazing, it really is the best pound cake recipe!
Why Cream Cheese Pound Cake?
The cake is made in a bundt pan, which makes the cake super pretty. I love the look of bundt cakes. The cake is deliciously dense thanks to all of the butter and cream cheese. The cream cheese and butter also make the cake super moist, which is essential when baking with in a bundt pan. The flavor is simple, but sometimes simple is best and this cake is the best. You can’t go wrong with this classic pound cake recipe!
Before serving, we like to dust the bundt cake with confectioners’ sugar. The boys call the sugar snow and they love helping me with this part. The counter and floor always get a nice dusting of snow too, but that is all part of the fun:)
Tips for this Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe:
- Make sure you grease your bundt pan very well. There is nothing worse than a cake that gets stuck in the pan.
- Make sure your butter, cream cheese, and eggs are all at room temperature.
- The cake takes 1 ½ hours to bake because it is a dense cake. You can make the cake the day before. I think it actually tastes better the second day. It freezes beautifully too.
- We like to serve this cream cheese pound cake with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Can you Freeze Pound Cake?
Yes! This pound cake freezes beautifully. To freeze, let the cake cool completely and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Store in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, unwrap and allow to thaw completely before slicing. Having a cake in the freezer is always a good idea. You never know when friends will stop by for dessert…or you never know when a cake craving will strike. It is always nice to have a pound cake ready to go!
I highly suggest you make this easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake. It will make all of your celebrations sweeter!
If you like this Cream Cheese Pound Cake, you might also like:
- Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
This post contains some affiliate links. Photos by Completely Delicious
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan well with baking spray or grease with softened butter and dust with flour, making sure to coat well to prevent any sticking. Set the pan aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well combined. Add the flour, salt, and vanilla and beat until well bended but do not overmix. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, the cake springs back when lightly pressed, and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 ½ hours. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, turn the cake out onto the rack to cool completely. Dust the cake lightly with confectioners’ sugar, if using. Cut into slices and serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired.
- Note-this cake freezes beautifully. To freeze, let the cake cool completely and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Store in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, unwrap and allow to thaw completely before slicing.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod