Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip are the perfect weeknight meal!
What’s for dinner? Don’t you wish you always knew the answer to that question! I do! We cook a lot and sometimes we still struggle with dinnertime. Just because we have a food blog doesn’t mean we don’t eat cereal for dinner some nights:) We do our best to put a healthy and tasty meal on the table most nights of the week though.
One of our go to recipes are Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos. All three peas give this meal two thumbs up! If I had three thumbs, I would raise three thumbs. These burritos are that good!
I love these Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos for many reasons. They are easy to make, healthy, affordable, and filling! Oh, and did I mention delicious? Because they are!
The burrito filling is colorful and full of flavor. We use black beans, corn, onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice. We also fill the burritos with Cilantro Lime Quinoa and a little bit of cheese. If you aren’t a quinoa fan, you can use our Cilantro Lime Rice, both are tasty!
We roll up the burritos and heat them on a griddle pan until they are nice and crispy. You don’t need to fry the burritos to get a crispy texture. The griddle pan works wonders! And we don’t stop there! We serve them with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. Dunking the burritos is Caleb’s favorite part! And we always make more than we need so we can have leftovers the next day. Work once, eat twice…so very nice!
If you are not sure what to have for dinner tonight, I hope we just solved your problem. Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos are the way to go! They make the perfect weeknight meal, especially since it’s back to school time! We know you are all busy!
Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 15 oz can Libby's Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Libby's Organic Sweet Corn rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a few spoonfuls of cilantro lime quinoa in the center of a tortilla, leaving ½-inch border around edges, then add the shredded cheese, and bean/corn mixture down the center of the quinoa. Roll burritos, by folding over the ends and rolling up. Continue making the rest of the burritos.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange burritos, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip.
- Note: You don't want to fill the burritos too full or they will be hard to roll up. You can also use Cilantro Lime Rice, instead of the quinoa.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Libby’s, but our opinions are our own.