Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with rice crispy cereal. You will love the crispy surprise! These cookies are fun to make and fun to eat!
I am always on the lookout for new cookie recipes. Awhile ago, I saw a couple of cookie recipes that used crisped rice cereal. I love cereal and cookies so why not enjoy them together?I started with my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip recipe. I stirred in Rice Krispies and waited to hear the snap, crackle, and pop. I was a little disappointed, there was no sound coming from my cookie dough. I guess I needed to add milk, but I didn’t want a soggy dough, so I pressed forward:)
The cookies baked up nicely. I really liked the added crisp from the cereal. They were a fun addition! I am glad I tried them. And since there is cereal involved go ahead and eat these for breakfast, I won’t tell:)
More Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- DoubleTree Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine butter and sugars in your mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. On low, add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and cereal. Don't over mix. You don't want to crush the cereal too much.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with Silpats or parchment. Bake for 10-12 minutes! Allow to cool for a minute on the cookie sheet. Move to a cooling rack and enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.