Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with peanut butter flavor! Peanut butter lovers will go crazy for these cookies!
I was in the mood to bake this week, big surprise, right? Well, I will be honest, I was really in the mood to eat cookies, sure the baking part is fun, but the eating part is the BEST part. You can’t beat a batch of freshly baked cookies.
I was craving cookies like mad so I baked a batch of my favorite Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. They are peanut butter cookie perfection! The cookies are soft, chewy, and LOADED with peanut butter flavor. Peanut butter fans, you are going to LOVE these cookies! They are peanut butter cookie perfection!
I could eat an entire batch of these cookies because they are so delicious and they are kind of healthy because of the peanut butter and oats, right? I will keep telling myself that:)
I love these cookies because I always have the ingredients on hand. You don’t need any special ingredients, but that doesn’t mean the cookies aren’t special, they are VERY special. Every tine I make these cookies they get rave reviews by family and friends. They are just a REALLY good cookie, a classic!
Here are a few tips that will guarantee cookie success every single time!
- Use old fashioned oats, not quick oats for this recipe.
- Don’t skip the cinnamon, it gives the cookies an extra hint of deliciousness.
- For this recipe, I don’t use natural peanut butter. JIF or Skippy or a similar brand works best. I use creamy peanut butter, but chunky would be good too.
- I love the simplicity of these cookies but feel free to add in chocolate chips if you wish.
- Don’t over bake the cookies. Remove from the oven when the edges are set but the middles are still soft. They will finish baking on the baking sheet. You want them to be soft and chewy.
- These cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. These cookies also freeze well. Place cooled cookies in a freezer bag or container and freezer for up to one month. They are good frozen or you can thaw them before eating.
The next time you need a cookie fix, make a batch of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. These simple cookies are always a winner!
More Cookie Recipes
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- 18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheet with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until creamy, this will take about 2 minutes, on medium speed. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- On low, add in the dry ingredients and mix until just until the combined.
- Scoop the cookies into round balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the middle.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
peanut butter oatmeal cookies
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.