Banana Cake – this easy Banana Cake topped with creamy peanut butter frosting is absolutely delicious, and a great recipe for using up those brown bananas!
Brown Banana Solution: Banana Cake!
Oh, brown bananas why do you make me create such delicious recipes? Every time I see a bunch of brown bananas on our counter, I know I have work to do. I can’t let them just sit there. They need to be transformed into something tasty!
My latest bunch of brown bananas fell victim to this Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. If you are a banana fan, you are going to go bananas for this banana cake. It is so easy and sooooooo good!
Easy Banana Cake Recipe
I love this banana cake recipe because we always have the ingredients on hand. I bet you do too! And if your bananas aren’t ripe yet, you can put them in a brown bag to hurry along the process. I know you want to make this cake ASAP!
I also love this cake because there is nothing fancy about it. There are no bells and whistles attached to this cake. Thank goodness because I can’t decorate a cake for the life of me:) Don’t worry though, this cake still impresses. The cake and frosting are amazing on their own!
Peanut Butter Banana Cake
Let’s take a moment to talk about the peanut butter frosting. I am normally not a huge frosting person but put a bowl of peanut butter frosting in front of my face and I want to dive in head first. I thought about not even frosting the cake, but I knew the wait would be worth it. I LOVE the banana and peanut butter combo! It is perfection.
Try this Banana Cake!
The cake is perfect the day it’s made, but I personally think it is even better the second day. The cake is even more moist and delicious! So if you need a dessert that can be made ahead of time, this is your recipe!
Use your brown bananas to make this Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. And if you find yourself eating the cake straight from the pan with a fork, don’t be surprised:)
If you like this banana cake, you might also like:
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Best Banana Bread
- Brown Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Banana Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until flour disappears. Spread cake batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the peanut butter frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on high until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time. Beat on high until powdered sugar is incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Beat until frosting is smooth and desired consistency.
- Frost the banana cake with peanut butter frosting. Cut into squares and serve.
- Note-store covered cake on the counter for 3-4 days. I think the cake gets better as it sits.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod