Egg Muffins are the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. They are easy to store, reheat well, and are freezer friendly! You will love these savory, protein-packed breakfast bites!
Easy Egg Muffins
Are you looking for an easy and healthy breakfast recipe you can enjoy on hectic weekday mornings? I have the perfect recipe for you, Egg Muffins!
I love having these mini frittatas on hand! They’re small enough for kids, but great for adults to grab a few for breakfast on the go, too. I like to make them on Sunday so we can enjoy them all week! They get so much good nutrition into every bite and taste amazing, too. The boys think they are EGGcellent!
These are also perfect to drop off to new parents or anyone who could use a delicious breakfast already prepared for them! Make a double batch so there’s some for you and some to share.
Egg Muffin Ingredients
I love this fresh and colorful ingredient list. Eggs, veggies, and of course…cheese! I also love that the ingredients are BASIC! We always have these ingredients on hand.
To make muffin tin eggs, you will need the following ingredients!
- Milk (use your favorite)
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped spinach
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Make Them Your Own
You can change up the ingredients in this egg muffin cup recipe to make it your own! All of your favorite breakfast flavors can be incorporated.
- Use kale or arugula instead of spinach.
- I like to use shredded white cheddar cheese, but mozzarella, havarti, feta, and regular cheddar, and goat cheese are all good options.
- Add sausage or bacon!
- Add more veggies! Mushrooms, bell peppers, and broccoli are super tasty additions.
- I like to serve the egg muffins with avocado, salsa, and herbs! You can also add a few drops of hot sauce if you want a little heat!
How to Make Egg Muffins
These Egg Muffins are a snap to make! Mix, pour, and bake. Here’s the break down:
- We’ll start with some prep work. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Make sure you grease the pan well so the egg muffins don’t stick.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and give them a good whisk. This is a great step for kids to help with; just make sure they don’t drop any egg shells into the bowl!
- Whisk in the milk, then add the veggies and cheese. Gently stir it with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and top each one off with a little sprinkle of cheese (another good step for kids to do!).
- Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the eggs are cooked through and there’s a little browning around the edges.
- Pull them out and let them cool for 5 minutes or so before loosening each muffin with a knife. Now they’re ready to serve!
- Garnish with your favorite toppings!
How to Store and Reheat
Once completely cooled, you can store your the egg muffin cups in a container in the refrigerator for up to three days . Reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds for a quick and easy breakfast!
You can also freeze the egg muffins. Place cooled muffins in a freezer container or bag so they stay fresh. Freeze for up to three months. Reheat frozen egg muffins for one to two minutes in the microwave.
More Egg Recipes
- Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Egg Casserole
- Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole
- Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese
- Spinach Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Whisk in the milk. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cheese, green onions, and garlic powder. Gently stir with a spatula. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the greased muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of cheese on top of the egg muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes in a pan. Use a knife to loosen the muffins from the pan. Serve immediately with avocado, salsa, herbs, and/or hot sauce, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod