This is the last cookie recipe we will be posting in 2012. I know that sounds sad, but don’t worry, there will be a lot more cookies coming your way in 2013. And we are going out with a big bang because these Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are out of this world!
It’s been a great year of cookies here at Two Peas and Their Pod. We’ve created lots of new cookie recipes and baked up old favorites. We came out with two cookie ebooks, Cookie Cravings and Holiday Cookie Cravings. We’ve gone through a lot of butter, sugar, Gold Medal Flour, eggs, and chocolate. And we used a lot of those ingredients to make these Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are massive!
We shared Mini Hot Cocoa Cookies earlier this week, so we figured why not go big with these Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. We baked the cookies in a muffin top pan to create a thick, extra large cookie. The cookies may look like a regular chocolate chip cookie on the outside, but there is a special surprise inside. We stuffed the cookies with Nutella! Oh yeah!
When you reach the center of the cookie, you will find a big puddle of Nutella. I highly recommend eating these warm from the oven. You can’t beat a freshly baked cookie, especially when Nutella oozes out of the center. We sprinkled the cookies with sea salt before baking because you can never go wrong with a little sweet and salty.
If you are looking for one last cookie to make this holiday season, make Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are huge, decadent, and worth every bite. And if you’ve been naughty this year, leave these cookies for Santa. I am sure he will move you to the nice list after one bite.
Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons Nutella 1 tablespoon per cookie
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 6 count muffin top pans with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press a thin layer of cookie dough in the bottom of each muffin top cup. Add a tablespoon of Nutella into the center of each cookie. Cover each cookie with remaining cookie dough by carefully pressing the cookie dough over the Nutella. Make sure the Nutella is covered. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for about 14 minutes or until browned around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to cooling rack.
- Note-if you don't have a muffin top pan, just make extra large cookies. Take a scoop of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand. Add a spoonful of Nutella into the center. Top with more dough and carefully roll into a large cookie dough ball. Place on a large baking sheet lined with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, you might also like:
- Chocolate Nutella Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Salted Dark Chocolate Nutella Cookies from The Faux Martha
- Nutella No Bake Cookies from Vintage Mixer
- Peanut Butter Nutella Cookie Cups from Barbara Bakes
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own. We love Gold Medal Flour and use Gold Medal Flour in all of our recipes. Check out our Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour.
LOVE that these are giant & filled with chocolate bliss!
You were so right about great minds thinking alike! LOVE these!
A giant chocolate chip cookie stuffed with nutella? Sold.
These look amazing! They would be a perfect addition to a meal you are making for a friend in need this season. Thanks for sharing!
What a wonderful cookie! Can’t wait to try them!
Love these Maria! xoxo Have a wonderful holiday with your sweet family!
This looks delicious! How long will these stay good for? I want to bake them and mail them out to a friend if possible!
Just in case, is that a typo between steps #2 & #3? They are repeated
I made these for new years eve! Sooo good!
This is so genius. I love Nutella. And this is perfect because World Nutella Day is coming up Feb. 5! (:
Make these today and they came out perfect. Substituted applesauce for the egg, 15 minutes in the oven at 350 and they were just beginning to get that nice golden brown. As a college student, they went within minutes with my friends. Even without the nutella they would have been good, but the nutella took them from amazing to beyond wonderful.
Great Nutella cookies. Those look extremely delicious!
Just a note: Looks like part of step 2 is repeated in step 3
My nephew is allergic to peanut butter so he eats Nutella. This would be a great cookie to bake for him! And, I would have to eat my share just to make sure they are good to give to him! LOL Pinning it!!
Fixed! Thanks for catching that typo!
I made these last week, and they were SO GOOD! My friends raved about them. I think next time I will refrigerate the Nutella so that it will not be as goopy when placing on cookie dough. Thanks for a great recipe!
So glad you liked the cookies! They are one of my favorites!
This sounds delicious. Do you have any pictures using the muffin tin?
See More Comments