Are you looking for a simple holiday dessert that will still impress your guests? Well, you are in luck because today I am sharing a recipe for Ginger Icebox Cupcakes. You can practically make these in your sleep. They are that easy and everyone loves them.
I made Chocolate Icebox Cupcakes for Caleb’s first birthday and they were a huge hit! I decided to make a ginger version for the holidays. They turned out even better than expected. Now, I don’t know if I like the chocolate or ginger ones better. But since it is the holiday season, my vote is going with ginger!
You don’t even have to turn on the oven to make these cupcakes. I used Anna’s Ginger Thins for the cookie part of the cupcake. I love a cupcake that involves cookies:) I whipped up some whip cream added a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. I layered the whipped cream between the Ginger Thins and let the cupcakes chill for a few hours. Chilling them allows the whipped cream to soften the cookies, creating a cake like texture.
I sprinkled the Icebox Cupcakes with gingerbread man sprinkles right before serving. Aren’t they so cute? I served them in festive cupcake liners from Bake It Pretty to bring out the holiday cheer. These no-bake Ginger Icebox Cupcakes are easy to assemble and are perfect for any holiday party! Kids and adults will love these fun and tasty cupcakes!
And don’t forget to enter our giveaways-there are SO many good ones: Le Creuset Giveaway, Chobani Giveaway, Keurig Giveaway, Epiphanie Bag Giveaway, Harry and David Giveaway and HUGE KitchenAid Giveaway. Happy Holidays!
Ginger Icebox Cupcakes
These easy no-bake Ginger Icebox Cupcakes are perfect for any holiday party!
- 8 cupcakes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 5.25 ounce box Anna's Ginger Thins
- Sprinkles optional
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together on high speed until medium peaks form. Gently fold in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. To assemble the cupcakes, spread about 1 tablespoon of the whipped cream on top of a ginger thin. Place another ginger thin on top of the cream to make a sandwich. Spread more whipped cream over the thin and add another thin. Top the final ginger thin with cream. You want to use four wafers per cupcake and end with cream.
3. Place cupcakes in cupcake liners or on a plate and stick in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. You can refrigerate them overnight. The whipped cream will soften the ginger thins making them soft like cake.
4. When ready to serve, remove the cupcakes from the refrigerator and sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired.
If you like these Ginger Icebox Cupcakes, you might also like: