I bake a lot of cookies. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! We have close to 200 cookie recipes on our site and in my cookbook, I have a whole chapter dedicated to cookies. Yep, I am obsessed. I have been getting requests for gluten-free and vegan cookie recipes, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone by making Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I haven’t done much gluten-free baking. We have lots of gluten-free recipes on our site, but most of them are savory. I did make Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were a huge hit! So I gave gluten-free baking a second try and this time I made the cookies vegan too. If you think healthy cookies can’t be delicious, think again. I am in love with these cookies!
These cookies have no flour, eggs, butter, and very little sugar. But guess what? They are still delightful! I promise I am not lying. I was skeptical at first. I didn’t think I would like them…and I was the one creating them..ha! I thought they might end up in the trash, but after one cookie I was sold.
So how do these cookies taste good without flour, butter, eggs, and a ton of sugar? The cookies are made up of mashed bananas, peanut butter, coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, and gluten-free oats. Oh yeah, and I threw in some vegan chocolate chips because with all of those healthy ingredients these cookies deserved some chocolate:)
The cookies are thick, chewy, and full of flavor! I love the banana, peanut butter, and chocolate combo! They aren’t overly sweet, which is nice. The chocolate chips add just enough sweetness to cure a sugar craving. The cookies are good out of the oven, but I liked them even better the next day. I couldn’t keep my hands out of the cookie jar.
I didn’t want to eat all of the cookies by my lonesome, so I put them in the freezer. Well, 3:00 got the best of me and I snuck a cookie from the freezer. Oh my goodness! They are SO good frozen! I am keeping a stash in our freezer at all times. The perfect frozen treat for summer!
I am very pleased with my Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I still can’t get over how much I love them! I hope you enjoy them too!
More Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Coconut Oil
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- ½ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, slightly warmed, but not melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut oil, agave, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-If you don’t need the cookies to be vegan, you can use honey instead of agave nectar and regular chocolate chips. I love these cookies eaten right out of the freezer.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod