We have been using our grill a lot this summer. We love eating out on our patio and it is nice to cook outside so we don’t have to heat up the house. Josh wanted to make nachos and I suggested we make them on the grill. We’ve been cooking everything else on the grill, so why not nachos? Josh liked the idea so we made homemade baked tortilla chips and got all of our toppings ready.
We placed the tortilla chips on a grill pan and sprinkled Monterey Jack cheese over the chips. Next, we added black beans. We added another layer of chips and added more cheese and beans. Josh took the pan out to the grill and cooked the nachos for about 5-7 minutes. It didn’t take long for the cheese to melt.
Josh brought in the pan of nachos and we added our favorite toppings. We loaded the nachos with tomatoes, cilantro, mango, jalapeno slices, avocado, and green onion. Feel free to top your nachos with whatever toppings you like. We shared a big plate of nachos out on our patio. We both loved the grilled nachos. I think these are the best nachos I have ever eaten. I loved the smoky flavor the grill added to the nachos. I also loved the fresh flavors the toppings added. Next time, I am going to make Grilled Guacamole to put on top of the nachos. And yes, there will be a next time and soon:)
If you are looking for a new way to enjoy nachos, try these Grilled Nachos. They are the best!
- Tortilla Chips we used Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Preheat grill on medium heat.
- 2. To assemble the nachos: Place a single layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of a grill tray. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top of the chips. Sprinkle black beans over the cheese. Add another layer of chips and top with more cheese and black beans.
- 3. Place the tray on the grill, and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove the tray from the grill and top the nachos with the tomatoes, cilantro, mango, jalapeno slices, avocado, and green onions. Serve immediately.
- *Note-feel free to add your favorite toppings-sour cream, guacamole, chicken, salsa, etc.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Grilled Nachos, you might also like: