Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
I posted our edamame guacamole recipe this week and mentioned that we made homemade baked tortilla chips to go with our guacamole. Well, I received several emails and comments from readers wanting to know how we made our chips. So today is your lucky day, I am sharing our simple recipe for baked tortilla chips.
We purchase corn tortillas from a local Mexican market, they are cheap and fresh. We cut the tortillas into triangles. We like a strong, big chip for dipping, so we cut the taco size tortillas into four large triangles. If you want smaller chips, just cut them smaller. No frying is necessary, we lightly spray the chips with cooking spray, sprinkle them with salt, and bake them until they are crisp.
These chips are easy to make and much better for you than fried tortilla chips. Homemade baked tortilla chips are perfect for dipping. We love eating them with:
- Edamame Guacamole
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
- Pistachio Guacamole
- Pineapple Salsa
- Mango Guacamole
Making your own chips at home is easy, fun, and cheaper too. Enjoy!
Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe
These chips are made in the oven and are easy to make at home.
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- Corn tortillas
- Canola oil, for brushing on tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the tortillas lightly with oil. Make sure both sides are brushed. Place the tortillas in a stack and cut into triangles with a sharp knife.
- Place the tortilla triangles on two large baking sheets. Make sure they are in an even layer and aren’t overlapping. Sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, rotating the baking sheets once, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely, the chips will crisp up as they cool. Serve with guacamole, salsa, or eat them plain.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!