Grilled Steak Tacos with with red onion, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco are great for Taco Tuesday or any day! Serve with Chimichurri Sauce for an extra boost of flavor!
Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday, our favorite day of the week. We want to make sure you are ready to celebrate Taco Tuesday, so today we are sharing this awesome recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos. This is Josh’s favorite taco recipe. He says they are the BEST!
How to Make Steak Tacos
- Use flank steak. It is a lean cut of beef and is best when cooked to medium rare and thinly sliced, making it perfect for tacos.
- Only marinate the steak in lime juice for 30 minutes or the steak will get mushy. This is a quick and easy recipe, you don’t have to marinate the steak for hours.
- The chili lime rub is easy to prepare and uses ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
- Grill the steak at high heat.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing so you don’t lose all of the juice and flavor.
- Cut the steak across the grain. It will be tough and chewy unless you cut it across the grain to break up the muscle fibers.
- Serve the tacos with your favorite toppings. We use red onion, avocado slices, cilantro, and queso fresco. Steak tacos are also REALLY good with Chimichurri Sauce! Drizzle on top for a burst of flavor!
Boom! Are you ready to grill some tacos? If you can’t wait until Tuesday, I completely understand. Tacos are welcome any day of the week!
These Grilled Chili Lime Steak Tacos are always a hit at our house and make a great summer meal. Eat them outside on the patio and they will taste even better:) Enjoy!
More Taco Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
- Ground Beef Tacos
- Turkey Tacos
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Vegetarian Tacos
- Fish Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest of 1 large lime
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Olive oil, for grill
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Chimichurri sauce, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Place the flank steak in a 9×13 pan. Pour lime juice over the steak and let marinate for 30 minutes, at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime zest, salt, sugar, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and cinnamon.
- Rub both sides of the steak with the spice mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the rub adhere to the meat.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Lightly coat a paper towel with oil and, holding it with long tongs, carefully rub the oiled towel over the grill rack. Place steak directly on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let the steak rest on a cutting board, covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, warm the corn tortillas on the grill or use a gas flame to char them slightly.
- Cut the steak into strips, against the grain. Place steak strips in the corn tortillas and top with red onion, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco. Drizzle with chimichurri, if desired. Squeeze with lime juice, if desired. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod