Hazelnut Granola with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate Chunks-this granola is an extra special treat!
Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope your day is filled with love and lots of sweets!
Because it is the day of love, I am making my Hazelnut Granola with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate. It is the perfect granola for Valentine’s Day because there is chocolate involved and chocolate is a MUST today.
I adore hazelnuts. They are perfect in my eyes. I love the flavor and crunch they add to this granola.
The granola also has oats and shredded coconut. It is sweetened with pure maple syrup and a touch of honey.
When the granola is done baking, I stir in dried cherries and dark chocolate chunks. They add color and sweetness to the hazelnut granola.
Hazelnut Granola with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate is good for breakfast, snack time, or dessert! I like to eat it by the handful, with a splash of milk, or stirred into yogurt. It is good any and every way!
I am going to make a big batch of Hazelnut Granola with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate today to share with neighbors and friends! It is the perfect granola for Valentine’s Day. Everyone deserves a little sweet treat! Put the granola in cute bags or jars, add a little ribbon and a note, and you are good to go! The perfect Valentine’s Day gift…and it’s so easy to make too!
Happy Valentine’s Day! If you are looking for other sweet treats to make today, here are a few of our favorites:
- Chocolate Dutch Baby Pancake
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies
- Chocolate Shortbread Heart Cookies
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Hand Pies
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Strawberry Nutella Milkshake
Hazelnut Granola with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate
Hazelnut granola with dried cherries and dark chocolate chunks. This granola is great for breakfast, snack time, or dessert!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 5 -6 cups granola
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, and hazelnut extract. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are well-coated.
- 3. Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread granola into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Let granola cool completely. Stir in dried cherries and dark chocolate chunks. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
- Note-If you can't find hazelnuts or don't care for them, you can use almonds. To make the recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.