This Honey-Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts is a perfect fall weeknight recipe that has maximum flavor and minimal dishes! It is a family favorite chicken recipe!
Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
When it comes to weeknight meals, it doesn’t get much better than a sheet pan meal. The oven does all of the work, the dishes are minimal, and you’re left with a delicious dinner. Veggies and protein, all on one pan! It’s just right for a busy family or for making and having leftovers for a couple lunches! this Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts is an easy weeknight meal that is especially delicious during the fall months.
I’m excited to share this recipe from our cookbook, Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook. Our cookbook is filled with family friendly recipes that are approachable and made with everyday ingredients, just like this easy chicken dinner recipe. It is a family favorite and I think your family will love it too!
Use Bone-In Chicken Thighs
Instead of using an entire chicken, we like to use bone-in, skin-on thighs. They take a lot less time to cook, and the skin gets a golden-brown crispiness that adds some delicious flavor. Getting bone-in thighs keeps everything extra juicy while it bakes in the oven.
We don’t recommend using chicken breasts for this recipe because they tend to dry out more than thighs. The thighs are nice and juicy and perfect for sheet pan recipes.
Bring on the Brussels Sprouts
A lot of people don’t have Brussels sprouts very high on their list of favorite veggies. When they’re roasted just right, though, they get a delicious, caramelized crunch on the outer leaves and have amazing flavor! In this Honey-Mustard Chicken with Brussels Sprouts recipe, they crisp up right next to the chicken and absorb some amazing flavor from the juices in the pan. Even hesitant kids who give it a try admit it’s pretty good!
Easy Honey Mustard Sauce
The secret is in the sauce here! While this recipe would absolutely be delicious with just a little oil, salt, and pepper, I take a couple extra minutes to stir up a honey-mustard sauce. It’s a super simple recipe made from ingredients you probably already have, and it makes the chicken a little tangy and very delicious!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken
- For this chicken recipe, you want the oven at 425°F to get the chicken and Brussels sprouts nice and crispy. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. For easy clean up, you can line the pan with aluminum foil and spray it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1⁄4 cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the two mustards, honey, and garlic. Add salt and pepper, to your preference.
- Grab your tongs and use them to dip the chicken thighs in the sauce bowl, coating both sides and then moving them onto the already-prepared baking sheet. Throw away any unused sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and red onion. Drizzle with your remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, giving it all a good toss until everything is totally coated.
- Arrange the sprouts and onion around the chicken on the baking sheet. Make sure they aren’t overlapping since we want everything to cook evenly and get that perfect, delicious crisp on the sprouts!
- Give it all one last season with salt and pepper and admire your colorful, delicious dinner that’s about to make your house smell amazing.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165°F. The edges of the Brussels sprouts should be lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve it right away and enjoy your delicious meal and your sink with minimal dishes!
Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook
Make sure you check out our cookbook for more delicious and EASY recipes! The book is filled with 115 of our very favorite recipes, everything from breakfast to dessert! There are also gorgeous photos, tips, and stories! It is a cookbook you will use over and over again! Get your copy TODAY!
More Sheet Pan Recipes:
Once you try a sheet pan recipe, you’ll want a new one for every night of the week! Try incorporating one of these yummy dishes into your next meal plan:
- Sheet Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken with Smoked Paprika Potatoes
- Veggie Sheet Pan Nachos
- Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Chicken and Kale
- Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Baked Salmon with Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken
- Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi
Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (4 medium thighs)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 large red onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. For easy clean up, you can line the pan with foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1⁄4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, honey, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use tongs to dip the chicken thighs in the sauce, coating both sides. Place the thighs on the prepared baking sheet. Discard any remaining sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and red onion. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and toss until well coated. Arrange the sprouts and onion around the chicken on the baking sheet, making sure they aren’t overlapping. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165°F and the Brussels sprouts are crispy. Serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod