Sheet Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken with Smoked Paprika Potatoes-this easy and delicious chicken dinner is made on ONE pan! It is a great weeknight meal.
One pot, one skillet, and sheet pan meals are all the rage right now. I understand why because they are all easy peasy. And when it comes to dinner time, easy is important, especially during the week. I am always trying out new dinner recipes that are easy, family friendly, and delicious…for my family and for yours:) My boys are currently loving this Sheet Pan Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken with Smoked Paprika Potatoes. It is awesome because everything is made on ONE sheet pan!
The lemon thyme marinade is super easy to make and gives the chicken so much flavor. The chicken hangouts in the marinade while you prep the smoked paprika potatoes. If you aren’t familiar with smoked paprika, you HAVE to try it. It is one of my favorite spices and it is SO good on these potatoes. They are the perfect side to go with the chicken.
You cook the chicken and the potatoes on the same sheet pan. We always line the pan with a piece of aluminum foil so the clean up is super easy. When the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are nice and crispy, remove from the oven and dinner is served. The lemon thyme chicken is tender, juicy, and full of flavor and those potatoes are YUM!
Give this easy Sheet Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken with Smoked Paprika Potatoes a try! I bet it will become a weeknight dinner staple. It is at our house!
If you like this easy sheet pan chicken dinner, you might also like:
- Skillet Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- Rosemary Lemon Oven-Fried Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie
Sheet Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken with Smoked Paprika Potatoes
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest from ½ of a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 thinly sliced lemon rounds
For the potatoes:
- 1.5 pounds of baby potatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken breasts, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, zest, garlic and thyme into a large Ziploc bag and let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the potatoes. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss until the potatoes are evenly covered in the oil and spices. Place the potatoes evenly on one side of a sheet pan, leaving room for the chicken breasts.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and transfer to the baking sheet alongside the potatoes. Discard the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Top each chicken with a slice of lemon.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes for 15 minutes then remove the pan from the oven and give the potatoes a toss. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely through and the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and place chicken and potatoes on plates. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod