This Easy Key Lime Pie with a simple graham cracker crust is a dessert favorite! It is perfectly tart, creamy, and smooth!
Easy Key Lime Pie
Josh can usually pass on dessert. He isn’t the biggest chocolate fan, but when key lime pie is on the menu, he will always have two pieces of pie! It is his all-time favorite dessert! I make him this easy key lime pie recipe every year for his birthday. It is his favorite pie and I am glad because it is SO easy to make. I usually don’t like to mess with pies because they can be tricky, but this one is super easy to make and comes out perfect every time. You are going to love it!
How to Make Key Lime Pie
This easy key lime pie recipe has a sweet graham cracker crust, which is SO easy to make. For the crust you need, crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter. That is it! Mix the ingredients together until moistened and press into a pie plate. Bake until the crust is golden brown and you have the perfect key lime pie pie crust!
For the rich key lime filling, you only need 4 ingredients:
- lime zest
- lime juice
- egg yolks
- sweetened condensed milk
You should be able to find key limes at most grocery stores, but if you can’t you can use the bottled key lime juice. We like this brand. It is really good and a major time saver. There is nothing wrong with shortcuts! You can also use regular lime juice if that is all you can find.
Mix the filling ingredients together and pour in the baked graham cracker crust. Bake until the filling is set, about 15-17 minutes and then let the pie cool completely. We like to chill it in the refrigerator before cutting to make sure it is completely set up before slicing. The pie is great served chilled or at room temperature.
You can serve the pie plain or you can add a dollop of whipped cream! You can also add a lime slice for garnish to make the pie extra pretty!
Best Key Lime Pie Recipe
The filling is tart, creamy, and smooth. The graham cracker crust is the traditional crust for key lime pie and it is the best! It’s easy and the sweet graham cracker crust crunch is perfection with the creamy lime pie filling.
This is Josh’s all-time favorite key lime pie! It is the perfect pie for any occasion! It is a especially delicious dessert during the summer months. This dessert screams summer! Enjoy!
If you like this Key Lime Pie, you might also like:
- Blackberry Lime Bars
- Key Lime Pie with Coconut Macaroon Crust
- Key Lime Tart
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars
- Lime Coconut Snowballs
- Coconut Lime Loaf Cake
- Lime Bars
Key Lime Pie
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 30 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the Filling:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- Zest of 1 large lime
- 1/2 cup lime juice from 5 limes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork. Mix until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or dish. Pat down the bottom and sides. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Whisk until well combined. Add in the lime zest, and lime juice. Whisk well. Set mixture aside. It will thicken up as it sits.
- When the pie crust has cooled to slightly warm or room temperature, pour the lime filling over the pie crust. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. When cool, chill the pie in the refrigerator. The filling will set up as it cools. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve cold.
key lime pie