Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars-easy sugar cookie bars with lime and sweet coconut frosting! These bars are always a hit!
My Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars are a favorite at our house and they are often requested by our friends and family. Josh loves lemon but he REALLY loves lime so he asked if we could change things up and make Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars. I am always up for baking something new so we got out the butter and sugar and got to work! Put the lime in the coconut:)
I love making sugar cookie bars because they are so easy. You just press the dough in a pan and put it in the oven. You don’t have to roll out the dough and cut out shapes. Don’t get me wrong, I like making sugar cookies, it is fun, but I am horrible when it comes to decorating. The bar route is much easier and my favorite way to eat sugar cookies:)
I am so glad Josh asked to make a coconut lime version because they are SO good! We both loved them. The soft and chewy sugar cookie bars have a hint of lime and are topped off with sweet coconut frosting! The cookie is usually my favorite part, but this frosting is giving the cookie a run for it’s money! I LOVE the coconut frosting!
These Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars are a real treat! Make a pan to celebrate the end of summer! I think we will make a pan for Labor Day! Every holiday needs a special dessert:)
If you are a coconut lime lover, like Josh, you need to try these recipes too!
- Key Lime Pie with Coconut Macaroon Crust
- Chewy Lime and Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Coconut Lime Macaroons with White Chocolate
- Lime and Coconut Crumble Bars
Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars
For the bars:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 pan (I use a glass Pyrex dish) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and linme zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and and lime sugar mixture together until combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, lime juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Evenly spread the cookie dough into the prepared pan with a spatula. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the bars are slightly set in the middle. You don't want the bars to brown. Remove from the oven and let the bars cool completely.
- While the bars are cooling, make the coconut frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, and coconut extract. Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cookie bars with coconut frosting. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the bars. Cut the bars into squares and serve.
- Note-store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod