Lemon Curd – How to make lemon curd that is easy, sweet, tart, and good on just about everything! Forget lemonade – when life gives you lemons, make lemon curd! You won’t go back.
Turn Lemons into Lemon Curd
I love it when life gives me lemons because I can make tasty lemon recipes, like this easy Lemon Curd! I know the traditional saying suggests making lemonade, but the next time life gives you a bunch of lemons, make lemon curd instead. You will probably never go back to lemonade unless it is a super hot day and you are thirsty, but I promise you this lemon curd recipe will become a favorite! You will be begging for lemons!
And I know it is just a saying, but the idea is to turn something negative into something positive and this lemon curd is definitely positive! It is amazing! One bite will put a big smile on your face and make you forget about all of your worries:)
Why Lemon Curd?
Lemons make me happy! They are so bright and full of sunshine…and when you transform them into luscious lemon curd, even better!
The lemon curd is super easy to make and is great on just about everything…toast, pancakes, French toast, scones, stirred in yogurt, etc. I also love using it to make my favorite Blueberry, Brie, and Lemon Curd Grilled Cheese! You have to try it, it’s all kinds of awesome! Lemon Curd is also great for making desserts, like Lemon Coconut Bars or Coconut Lemon Macaroon Nests. Those are a must for spring! Too cute!
And you know lemon curd is also great eaten by the spoonful. Smooth, sweet, tart, refreshing….the perfect pick me up!
This lemon curd is also great with Meyer Lemons! Meyer Lemons have a sweeter taste and lower acidity, which makes them perfect for lemon-based desserts. I picked up a bunch of Sunkist Meyer Lemons the other day and I can’t wait to make another batch of Lemon Curd!
I hope life gives you lemons so you can make this Lemon Curd ASAP! It is sooooo good! And make sure you come back on Monday, I created an amazing dessert with this lemon curd. You will want the recipe, trust me:) Happy weekend!
If you like this Lemon Curd recipe, you might also like:
- 4 large lemons zested and juiced (a little over ½ cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest and sugar. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- Put the lemon zest and sugar mixture, lemon juice, egg yolks, and butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir until combined. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the butter melts and the mixture thickens, about 12-15 minutes. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour lemon curd into a jar or glass bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the curd so it is airtight. Cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator. Again, the curd will thicken up after it is completely cooled.
- Note-Lemon curd will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
What is “12 servings”? What is the final quantity of curd this recipe makes?
Now it says 22 servings, and I’m wondering the same thing since there is no serving size noted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ll look elsewhere…need to make curd this morning for another recipe. So many ads here it took time to even find the recipe!
Can it be frozen?? I’m always dieting…..LOL
I make this all the time and it never fails! It is absolutely my go-to for lemon curd. I leave the zest bits in but you can also strain them out if you want something a little smoother. This is amazing with pavlovas and as a spread inside a coconut cake (or injected into coconut muffins or instead of jelly in jelly donuts). I love it with greek yogurt and a little granola. I have to have it in my fridge at all times!
See More Comments