Josh and I love making pancakes together on the weekends. Caleb is enjoying the tradition too. He plays with his whisk and measuring cups until it’s time to eat. He never passes up pancakes.
Josh always begs for Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, but I rarely let him get his way:) Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those pancakes. They are our favorite, but I like to keep life interesting by creating new pancake recipes. Josh would be fine with the same pancake recipe for the rest of his life.
I recently suggested that we make Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes. Josh loves lemon so I knew he would be on board. And our fridge was overflowing with citrus, so we needed to put some zest into our breakfast!
Every time we make pancakes Josh asks if they have to be whole wheat. I almost always say yes. I love whole wheat pancakes and they are good for us. Well, this time I said we can use white flour, but let me take care of the dry ingredients. While Josh wasn’t looking I got out our Gold Medal WHITE whole wheat flour. I am so sneaky:)
Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour can be used in any recipe. It is 100% whole grain but has a lighter taste and color. So if someone in your family whines about eating whole wheat, you have to try this flour. They will never know they are eating whole wheat. It is amazing! And I love the packaging. SO pretty! Another reason to buy it:)
The pancakes are made with Greek yogurt, giving the pancakes a slight tang and fluffy texture. The pancakes are also bursting with lemon flavor. A little trick-rub the sugar and lemon zest together until fragrant. It brings out the essential oils from the zest and will make the pancakes extra lemony. The poppy seeds add a slight crunch and remind me of one of my favorite muffins.
Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes are the kind of pancakes that put a smile on your face and make you feel good about starting a new day. Make a big stack and start eating!
And just in case you are wondering… Josh never knew that he ate whole wheat Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes for breakfast. He loved them and said we should make these pancakes again! I just grinned and said, if you insist my dear:)
Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, lemon juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are slightly golden brown. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or jam-if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Pancakes, you might also like:
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pancakes from What’s Gaby Cooking?
- Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes from Recipe Girl
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own. We love Gold Medal Flour. Check out our Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour.