Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce-these light and fluffy ricotta pancakes are bursting with lemon flavor and are topped with a simple blueberry sauce. The perfect weekend breakfast!
These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are heavenly! The lemon and blueberry flavors are a favorite every time.
The pancakes are perfect for holidays, feeding guests, or just a weekend morning when you want something flavorful and yummy. They’re delicious with butter and syrup, with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or with a homemade blueberry sauce.
Adding Ricotta to Pancakes
Why Ricotta cheese? It might seem random, but using Ricotta in your pancakes gives them a really fluffy, delicate texture. The pancakes are moist and melt in your mouth good!
You can find ricotta cheese at any grocery store. I recommend using full fat ricotta cheese for the best results.
Plus, ricotta cheese and lemon are a match made in heaven. The lemon adds a refreshing twist that you are going to love!
Easy Blueberry Sauce
You can serve the pancakes with butter and pure maple syrup, always a winning combo, but I like to mix things up by using a simple blueberry sauce.
You can make the blueberry sauce ahead of time for one less step in the morning! It’s made with blueberries (you can use fresh or frozen), lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar, and water. That’s it!
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
How to Make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
It’s only a few more steps than making a boxed pancake mix, but these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes taste 100x better!
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second, medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients: ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, lemon juice and zest, and canola oil.
- Pour this into the bowl with dry ingredients and gently fold it all together. Mix it as little as possible! You just want to mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated. The batter will be very thick; that’s normal!
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray it with cooking spray to prevent sticking. If you want to up the decadence level, you can use melted butter instead of cooking spray. Both work great!
- Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to drop spoonfuls of batter onto the hot skillet. Cook them for about 2 minutes, until the bottoms are browned and small bubbles form across the top. Flip them and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Continue making and flipping! You can store pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven heated to 200 degrees until you’re ready to serve them. Nobody likes cold pancakes!
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh blueberry sauce! YUM!
More Pancake Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Easy Blender Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
To make the blueberry sauce:
- First, make the blueberry sauce. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir in lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and canola oil. Gently fold this mixture into the dry ingredients until flour disappears. Don’t over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop about ⅓ cup of batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about two minutes longer. Continue making pancakes until batter is gone. Serve warm with blueberry sauce.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Molly
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.