Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce-these light and fluffy ricotta pancakes are bursting with lemon flavor and are topped with a simple blueberry sauce. The perfect weekend breakfast!
Tomorrow is National Pancake Day and we are celebrating a day early to make sure you have the recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce. These pancakes are heavenly. Make sure you get up a little early tomorrow morning so you can enjoy a special breakfast. Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on these delightful lemon pancakes.
The ricotta cheese keeps these pancakes light and delicate, while the lemon adds a refreshing twist. The pancakes are delicious plain, but the blueberry sauce adds a sweet ending to these melt in your mouth pancakes.
Happy National Pancake Day! If you aren’t a morning person, don’t worry, you can have Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce for dinner or dessert. They are superb any time of the day. This easy pancake recipe is guaranteed to be a favorite! We love them and we hope you do too!
Here are a few of our other favorite pancake recipes:
- Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Toasted Coconut Pancakes
- Almond Butter Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
To make the blueberry sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
To make the pancakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- First, make the blueberry sauce. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir in lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and canola oil. Gently fold this mixture into the dry ingredients until flour disappears. Don't over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about two minutes longer. Continue making pancakes until batter is gone. Serve warm with blueberry sauce.