Loaded Baked Gnocchi-this baked gnocchi dish will remind you of a loaded baked potato! It is easy to make and ultimate comfort food!
We are taking a break from sweets today, are you shocked? I tend to go a little sugar crazy in December. I think Josh was getting a little tired of my cookie baking extravaganza because he asked if he could make a savory recipe:) I said sure and let him make dinner while I made another batch of cookies:)
Josh whipped up Loaded Baked Gnocchi. This dish has all of the wonderful flavors of a loaded baked potato, but in a baked gnocchi casserole! Josh nailed this recipe! It is ultimate comfort food and perfect for a cold night!
When we first got married, we used to make homemade gnocchi, but then we discovered DeLallo’s gnocchi and haven’t made it since. DeLallo’s gnocchi is SO good and only takes minutes to make! It is perfect for quick and easy meals! One of our favorite gnocchi recipes is our Crispy Gnocchi with Basil Pesto…and now we have a new favorite! This Loaded Baked Gnocchi is awesome!
This Loaded Baked Gnocchi dish is a mix between baked mac and cheese and a loaded baked potato. Josh made a cheesy sour cream sauce to pour over the potato gnocchi and topped it with more cheese, green onion, and bacon. Is your mouth watering? Yeah, you need to make this one! And the best part? It is super easy which makes it perfect for weeknight meals or entertaining. If you are looking for a recipe to feed your holiday guests, make them Loaded Baked Gnocchi. Warning, they might not leave though. They will want you to cook for them every day:)
And if you are a vegetarian, like me, you can leave off the bacon. Josh made me a little dish without the bacon and it was really tasty! You can add your favorite baked potato toppings! It really does taste like a loaded baked potato!
Add Loaded Baked Gnocchi to your dinner menu! You can’t go wrong with this easy, cheesy, and comforting dish! And if you want to have cookies for dessert, go for it! You can never have to much sugar during the holidays:)
Loaded Baked Gnocchi
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- 1 1-pound package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Boil a pot of water and cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and arrange in a single layer at the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in garlic and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until mixture thickens. Add the milk and whisk until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Whisk in 1 cup of the cheese. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over gnocchi. Sprinkle remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon over the gnocchi.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubble and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Note-to make this dish vegetarian, leave out the bacon! It is still good:)
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.