Mango Black Bean Quesadillas with avocado, red pepper, cilantro, onion, and jalapeño make a quick and easy meal that kids and adults love!
We love quick and easy meals year round, but especially during the hot summer months. I don’t want to spend hours slaving over the hot stove and I don’t like turning on the oven, unless I am baking cookies. Cookies are always worth it:)
One of our favorite easy summer meals are these Mango Black Bean Quesadillas. The boys love them and ask for them every single week. I am ok with that because I love them too:)
You have to turn on the stove to make these black bean quesadillas, but they only take 15 minutes tops to make. You can be in and out of the kitchen in no time and the whole family will love them.
The mango and black bean combo is crazy good. The pop of sweetness from the mango will WOW you! I also add in red bell pepper, avocado, cilantro, lime, green onion, and a little jalapeño. Oh, and plenty of cheese, you’ve gotta have cheese!
A few quesadilla notes:
- We like to use flour tortillas for these quesadillas, but if you need the quesadillas to be gluten-free, you can use corn tortillas or your favorite gluten-free tortillas.
- To pick a perfect mango at the grocery store, squeeze the mango gently. A ripe mango will give slightly.
- If you are making quesadillas for the kiddos or if you don’t like spicy, you can leave out the jalapeño.
- We like to use shredded Pepper Jack or a Mexican blend cheese, but Cheddar or Monterey Jack would also work well.
Looking for an easy, breezy summer meal? Make Mango Black Bean Quesadillas. They make a great lunch or dinner. You can even cut them into triangles and serve them as a party appetizer. They would be perfect for a summer pool party! Enjoy!
If you like these easy quesadillas, you might also like:
- Black Bean and Mango Tostadas
- Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Mozzarella Quesadillas
- Mango Guacamole
- Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Tomatoes
Mango Black Bean Quesadillas
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper seeds removed
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds removed and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese or Mexican blend cheese
In a medium bowl, combine mango, black beans, red pepper, avocado, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently stir.
Divide mixture evenly over two of the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the mixture. Place the remaining tortillas on top.
Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over high heat and cook the quesadillas, turning over once, until golden and cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes total. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.