Maple Cranberry Sauce-fresh cranberry sauce sweetened with pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and a hint of cinnamon. This easy homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe is a holiday favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. So much better than canned cranberry sauce and easy to make.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
I stocked up on fresh cranberries when I made my Apple Cranberry Pie and decided to put some of them to use to make Maple Cranberry Sauce. It is the best cranberry sauce recipe and so easy to make. This Maple Cranberry Sauce is definitely going to be the sauce on our Thanksgiving and Christmas table this year. It is perfect in every way so if you are thinking about buying canned cranberry sauce for your holiday meal, think again. You HAVE to make homemade cranberry sauce. It is SO much better and I promise it’s just as easy as opening up a can:)
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Fresh cranberries will start appearing in stores at the end of October/early November, perfect timing for the holidays! Fresh cranberry sauce is a holiday staple! I like to buy several bags of fresh cranberries as soon as I see them in the stores. You can freeze fresh cranberries and I like to have a bag in the freezer at all times so I can always make cranberry sauce.
I love that this fresh cranberry sauce is sweetened with pure maple syrup. There are no refined sugars here, just fresh cranberries, pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and a little cinnamon. You will love this healthy cranberry sauce. All of the flavors combined taste like the holiDAZE! This healthy cranberry sauce is the best and always a hit at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Easy Cranberry Sauce
My favorite part of making cranberry sauce is the pop, pop, pop! The cranberry sauce will also smell amazing and the red color is so vibrant.
The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. You can serve cranberry sauce hot, warm, or chilled. You can make this simple cranberry sauce in no time and it is SO much better than store bought. Plus, you can make it a few days in advance. Get it out of the way so you have one less thing to worry about on the big day! Store it covered in the refrigerator for 10-14 days. You can also freeze cranberry sauce.
Add this Maple Cranberry Sauce to your Thanksgiving and Christmas menus right now. It is the BEST cranberry sauce recipe and it is so easy! Maple Cranberry Sauce is a MUST make for the holiday season!
If you like this easy cranberry sauce recipe, you might like these holiday side dishes:
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cranberry Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Cauliflower
How To Make Cranberry Sauce
Maple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the cranberries in a colander and rinse with cold water. Discard any shriveled or damaged cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have broken down and thickened into a compote, about 20 minutes. The cranberries will pop, don't be scared:) The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the cranberry sauce from the heat and stir in the cinnamon. Let cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to a bowl to chill in the refrigerator.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod