It’s always hard getting back into a routine after vacation. We spent 10 days in sunny California and it was so nice to relax. We were spoiled with good food, weather, and fun! We are happy to be home, but I wish the vacation schedule could last forever:)
I made these Mini Rocky Road Cookies before we left on vacation and I wish I had a big plate of them right now to help me ease my way back into my daily routine. Chocolate always makes things easier:) The cookies are mini, but mighty in flavor. If you are a Rocky Road ice cream fan, you will love these cookies!
The chocolate cookies are loaded with Mallow Bits, almonds, and chocolate chips. I fell in love with the Mallow Bits after making my Mini S’mores Cookies. They are so fun to bake with. If you haven’t tried them yet, make sure you grab some at the store to make these cookies! I found them at Target by the regular marshmallows, but you can also order them on Amazon.
These cookies are sweet, chewy, chocolaty, and have a slight crunch from the almonds. The cookies are perfectly delicious on their own, but if you want to go all out, you can add a small scoop of Rocky Road ice cream in between two cookies and make an ice cream sandwich. I am all about going ALL out when it comes to dessert:)
And completely random, Rocky Road always reminds me of the movie Goonies. ROCKY ROAD? Gotta love Sloth:)
If you are looking for a fun treat to make, give these Mini Rocky Road Cookies a try! I will try to get a little recap of our trip up this week. Hopefully, I can my act together and get some work done today…or maybe I will just bake Mini Rocky Road Cookies and watch Goonies🙂
Mini Rocky Road Cookies
Cute little chocolate cookies packed with almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Rocky Road fans will love these cookies!
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 6 dozen mini cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Mallow Bits
- 1 cup chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, Mallow Bits, and chopped almonds. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
If you like these Mini Rocky Road Cookies, you might also like: