I got home from the BlogHer Food Conference last night. All I can say right now is, wow! My mind and heart are still full. I am honored and grateful to be a part of such a powerful, talented, and inspirational community. I haven’t had time to even unpack yet, so pictures and details will have to come later. Instead, I am sharing my mini chocolate chip cookie recipe today.
I love mini desserts. They are adorable. I have made mini cupcakes, tarts, and breads, but surprisingly, not cookies. I don’t know why because you all know I have a cookie obsession. I recently made a batch of mini chocolate chip cookies that were almost too cute to eat.
I used mini chocolate chips and made the cookies really small, about two teaspoons of dough per cookie. The cookies were perfectly round and tiny. When Josh saw the cookies he thought I bought them from the store. Um, no-I don’t buy my cookies, I bake them:) These mini chocolate chip cookies are soft, with a chewy edge. Mini chocolate chips are the perfect size for these itty bitty cookies.
If you like mini desserts, try baking a batch of mini chocolate chip cookies. They are perfect for kids, baby showers, or snacking. Good things come in small packages!
What Are the Best Cookie Sheets?
I like using half sheets when baking cookies. My favorites are the Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Pro Nonstick Non Corrugated Half Sheet, which are my top pick in my roundup of the best cookie sheets. They’re pretty and gold and you can get them at Williams Sonoma. I also like these aluminum Nordic Ware Commercial Baker’s Half Sheets that you can get at Amazon.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the flour, until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into tiny balls, about 1 ½ teaspoons of dough. Place mini balls on baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these mini chocolate chip cookies, you might also like:
Mini Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Swirl from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Toffee Brownie Bites from Two Peas and Their Pod
Baked Mini Doughnuts from Bakers Royale
Snickers Bar Mini Tarts from Recipe Girl