I have been living off of blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. My berry obsession continues, this time in dessert form. Josh and I made Mixed Berry Mini Galettes for dessert. Ok, Josh did most of the work, but I helped arrange the berries on the galette dough. I also had a healthy portion of dessert:)
These mini berry galettes are beautiful and look like they take a lot of time and skill to make, but they really are easy. Don’t tell anyone, it is our little secret:) Galettes are perfect for dessert when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but still want to impress. I love mini galettes because everything mini is more fun. You can make one large galette if you wish. We enjoyed our mixed berry galettes with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. A dollop of whipped cream would also go nicely with these berry galettes.
If you are looking for a new way to enjoy berries, try Mixed Berry Mini Galettes. This simple dessert is perfect for spring and summer. I know we will be making this recipe again and again.
Mixed Berry Mini Galettes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups mixed berries I used fresh blueberries, blackberries, and strawberry slices
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- . To make the dough, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, and salt in a processor; pulse 2-3 times. Add butter and pulse 4-5 times, or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With the processor running, slowing pour the buttermilk through the chute, processing until the dough forms a ball. Remove the dough ball and pat it into a firm ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before rolling out.
- 2. Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- 3. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Cut the dough into four equal parts. Starting at the center of the dough, roll out each piece of dough into a circle, about 6 inches. Place the dough with parchment paper on a baking sheet. Arrange mixed berries in the center of each galette, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the border over the berries, overlapping where necessary and pressing gently to adhere the folds.
- 4. Lightly brush the edge of the dough with the egg and sprinkle crust and berries with turbinado sugar.
- 5. Bake the galettes for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- *Note-you can make the galette dough in advance. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if you wish.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like Mixed Berry Mini Galettes, you might also like: