My dad loves flowers. He plants thousands of daffodils in his backyard every fall. When the flowers bloom, the view is breathtaking. The bright yellow daffodils are a sea of sunshine. He always sends pictures, but I still miss the days we used to walk out back and look at the spring flowers.
When my dad visited us in the fall, he planted daffodils and tulips in our yard. He wanted to make sure spring welcomed us in the right way. Our flowers finally bloomed over the weekend. There is a mix of vibrant colors-orange, pink, red, yellow, and purple. I love the fresh beauty of spring, but the flowers have a deeper meaning this year. They remind me of my dad and his never ending love for us and flowers.
I took a few photos of our flowers over the weekend-here is one of my favorites. I love the little droplets of morning dew.
And now I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature. Snow is in the forecast for the rest of the week in Utah and I am not happy. I will be really sad if the snow ruins my beautiful flowers.
To keep spring in the air, I am sharing a blondie recipe with pastel spring M&M’s. The Easter bunny missed our house this year, so when I saw spring M&M’s on sale for 99 cents, I had to give in. To keep me from eating the entire bag, I whipped up a batch of blondies.
If I need a treat in a hurry, I love making these blondies. This is a no fuss recipe and very adaptable. Feel free to throw in your favorite mix ins. I added chocolate chips with the M&M’s because you can never have too much chocolate.
Check out my pizza panini recipe on Make and Takes today!
M&M Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup M&M's
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 8X8 pan with cooking spray. I used a glass Pyrex dish.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl-flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
4. Add in the egg and stir. Next, stir in the vanilla. Stir until smooth.
5. Add the flour mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the blondies for 23-25 minutes, until the blondies are set. A toothpick will come out clean when they are done. Let the blondies cool on a rack. When cool, cut and serve.
If you like these blondies, you might also like:
Caramel Chocolate Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Dorie’s Chewy Chunky Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Chip and Peanut Blondies from Dishing Up Delights
Peanut Butterfinger Blondies from Sugar Plum