Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with a hint of orange! These cookies are delightful!
Today is going to be a good day because it we have COOKIES! And not just any cookies, but Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am sure some of you are chocolate chip cookie purists and are thinking, I don’t want orange in my cookies, but trust me on this one. The orange and chocolate combo is amazing!
The hint of orange comes from orange zest in the dough. It is the most pleasant surprise and goes so well with the chocolate. Pro tip, rub the orange zest together with the sugar to bring out the best orange flavor.
I like to use dark chocolate chips, but feel free to use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
Of course, the cookies are finished with a sprinkling of sea salt. A little sea salt brings out the BEST flavor in chocolate chip cookies. Never skip this step.
The cookies are buttery, soft, chewy, and that hint of orange is SO nice with the melty chocolate chips. If you are a chocolate orange fan, you are going to LOVE these cookies. And if you aren’t, give them a try. I bet they will surprise you. They are SO good!
More Cookie Recipes
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips, I used dark chocolate chips
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Extra orange zest for sprinkling on cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with a little bit of fresh orange zest, if desired. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Love the orange and chocolate combo!
What happened to your print ability?
It is still there. In the recipe box there is a big green print button.
I hope you like the cookies!
Salt makes everything better and these cookies are seriously making me reconsider my feelings about chocolate and orange- they look great!
Salt is a must!!
These look amazing! Sounds like you had a great time. I will definitely be giving these are try.
hey girl these look amazing!
Wow! Orange & chocolate! Such a delicious combination! I am surely going to try this recipe because I can’t wait to taste it 😀
The orange is a pleasant surprise!
Love the orange! Topping sweets with a pinch of salt is the best finishing touch!
Funny, that Print Button still does not appear on the recipe when viewed on my iPhone (probably obliterated by one of those millions of annoying ads) but IS there on my laptop. So glad because I’m anxious to make these wonderful cookies — it doesn’t get any better than orange & chocolate, and in a chocolate chip cookie that’s heaven!
I love this combo!
These look incredible – perfectly soft and pillowy!
Delicious! Love the chocolate and orange pairing!
interesting recipe with orange zest and sea salt! Nice twist on the usual, so thank you for sharing this!
These cookies look fantastic!! I normally don’t like chocolate with any other ingredients but sometimes, I’ll throw in lemon or orange zest to the mix. For example, these raw treats http://www.bitesforfoodies.com/recipes/chocolate-orange-almond-bites/. I LOVE the addition of salt…salt in baked goods is really growing on me. Not sure if it would work though with raw treats??
I tried your recipe. The batter came out a little too soft than I am used to, but everyone said these cookies tasted great!
Could coarse kosher salt substitute for coarse sea salt?
I only have one stick of unsalted butter the recipe calls for 1 cup
You will need another stick or you can half the recipe!
Yum! Love the combination of orange and dark chocolate. Thanks for the recipe! These cookies are delicious!
Another hit! Every cookie I’ve tried of yours has been great!
Yay! Glad you are enjoying our cookies!
I love this recipe. Thanks Maria! It is my “go to” for chocolate chip cookies and they are loved by everyone.
Made these cookies second day in a row, they are fantastic!
These cookies are amazing. The recipe is easy to follow and I really like that they are soft!
Did you get the bowls backwards? You have us pouring from a medium bowl into a small bowl.
Just had these for our tea break. Baked half a batch with salt and the other half without salt. Kids voted.
Salt wins!! Delicious and not overly sweet. Thanks for the recipe, it’s definitely a keeper!!
So glad you liked the cookies!
Phenomenal cookies…love the orange choc. Combo. Used fine sea salt..
Good taste but think coarse would be better texture. Thanks for a great recipe.
Love, love, love these cookies
Excellent texture! I added 1.5 tsp of cardamom, refrigerated dough for 30 minutes, and baked for 13 min. Delicious!