Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with a hint of orange! These cookies are delightful!
Today is going to be a good day because it we have COOKIES! And not just any cookies, but Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am sure some of you are chocolate chip cookie purists and are thinking, I don’t want orange in my cookies, but trust me on this one. The orange and chocolate combo is amazing!
The hint of orange comes from orange zest in the dough. It is the most pleasant surprise and goes so well with the chocolate. Pro tip, rub the orange zest together with the sugar to bring out the best orange flavor.
I like to use dark chocolate chips, but feel free to use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
Of course, the cookies are finished with a sprinkling of sea salt. A little sea salt brings out the BEST flavor in chocolate chip cookies. Never skip this step.
The cookies are buttery, soft, chewy, and that hint of orange is SO nice with the melty chocolate chips. If you are a chocolate orange fan, you are going to LOVE these cookies. And if you aren’t, give them a try. I bet they will surprise you. They are SO good!
More Cookie Recipes
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips, I used dark chocolate chips
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Extra orange zest for sprinkling on cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with a little bit of fresh orange zest, if desired. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod