Classic No Bake Cookies
Classic No Bake Cookies are made with staple ingredients and only take a few minutes to make on the stovetop, you don’t even have to turn on the oven. These easy peanut butter no bake cookies are a family favorite!
No Bake Cookies, A Childhood Favorite
No bake cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookies. They remind me of my childhood because my brother, sister, and I used to always make these cookies…with supervision at first, but by the time we were teenagers we knew this recipe by heart. We loved making no bake oatmeal cookies because we were very impatient kids. When we wanted cookies, we wanted them NOW! The cookies are SO easy to make, you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
I was craving no bake cookies a few weeks ago so I whipped up a batch for me and the boys. I have made them my pretzel no bake cookies, but not the classic no bake cookies. It was time to introduce them to the old fashioned, traditional no-bake cookies! These were a childhood favorite of mine and I wanted to share my favorite no bake cookies with them! They always love helping me bake cookies and this time there was no baking, just lots of help measuring and eating:)
No Bake Cookie Recipe, No Oven Needed!
These cookies don’t need to be baked in an oven and that is one of the reasons I love them so much. They are almost too easy to make! You make the cookies on the stovetop so there is a little cooking involved, but no baking. Give your oven a break and get out a pan and spatula. You will be in cookie heaven in no time!
No Bake Cookie Ingredients
I also love these cookies because we always have the ingredients on hand. No fancy ingredients required, just staple ingredients that you always have in your kitchen. For this no bake cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- quick oats
- peanut butter
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
No Bake Cookie Tips
- Before you get started, make sure you have all of your ingredients measured and ready to go. This will make the cookie process a lot smoother.
- Also, make sure you line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat before you start making the cookies. You will want these ready to go because as soon as the cookies come together you want to put them onto the prepared baking sheets to set up.
- Make sure you use quick cooking oats for this recipe. If you only have old fashioned oats you can pulse them briefly in a food processor. The smaller oats help the cookies hold together. If you need the cookies to be gluten-free, you can use gluten-free oats.
- I like to use creamy peanut butter for these no bake oatmeal cookies, but crunchy will work too. If you have a peanut allergy, you can use almond butter or sunflower seed butter. Peanut butter is my favorite for this recipe because peanut butter and chocolate are a dream combo in my book!
- You can use regular milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
- Use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Make sure you boil the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder for one full minute. You want the boiling to be a rolling boil before you start timing the minute. I always set a timer to make sure the timing is exact. Remove the pan from the heat when the timer goes off.
- I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookie mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. The cookies should start to set up rather quickly, so don’t wait to scoop them onto the sheets. You want to do this as soon as you stir in the oats.
- Pro tip-don’t forget to lick the pan and spatula, this is the best part of making no bake cookies:)
- The cookies should take 20 to 30 minutes set up at room temperature. If your house is super hot or humid, you can put the cookies in the fridge to set up.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. If it is hot, I recommend keeping them in the fridge.
The Perfect Cookie
No bake cookies are a good cookie for anytime of the year. You can never go wrong with chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal cookies, especially when they are SO easy!
No bakes are the perfect summertime cookie because you don’t have to heat up the house. They are also a great cookie to make during the holidays because they are so easy. While your ovens are baking other cookies, you can make no bake cookies! They are a great addition to any cookie platter! They are also perfect for an easy after school treat or weeknight dessert. Everyone loves classic no bake cookies!
Cure your cookie craving NOW and make No Bake Cookies!!
How to Make No Bake Cookies
If you like this no bake cookie recipe, you might also like:
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Classic No Bake Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut into tablespoon pieces
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups quick oats
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Place the butter, granulated sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is at a rolling boil, boiling around the edges and in the middle, boil for one minute.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until peanut butter is melted and smooth. Stir in the oats.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) onto the prepared baking sheets, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 20 to 30 minutes. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days on the counter or in the fridge.