Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Brie Grilled Cheese-this sandwich is pure decadence!
I have one word for this grilled cheese sandwich, WOW! Yes, all of the letters need to be capitalized. This Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is out of this world. I can’t even begin to tell you how decadent and divine it is. When I dreamt up the combination in my head I had a feeling it would be good, but good is a major understatement. I took one bite and I almost fainted it was so good. This grilled cheese sandwich is heavenly!
I am blaming this sandwich on Trader Joe’s. We stopped at Trader Joe’s for a few items-coconut oil, dried mangoes, and sweet potato tortilla chips. I picked up my staples and headed to the checkout line. In the corner of my eye I spotted a display of pumpkin butter. I wandered over to the stack of jars and added a jar to my basket. I needed it!
I could easily eat pumpkin butter straight from the jar, but I wanted to create something fabulous with it. When the idea for a grilled cheese popped in my head, I ran with it. The pumpkin butter is sweet so I decided to create a dessert grilled cheese. I am always in the mood for dessert!
The triple threat combination is pumpkin butter, chocolate, and brie. These three ingredients were born to be together. Trust me on this one. I LOVE pumpkin and chocolate together and adding brie is always a good idea.
Look at all of that decadence! I may have gotten a little carried away with the chocolate, but I am not sorry. I don’t care that I had chocolate all over my hands and face. This sandwich was soooo worth the mess! I am telling you, it is insanely good!
I used dark chocolate, but feel free to use your favorite chocolate. And if you don’t have Trader Joe’s, no worries, you can use another brand of pumpkin butter. Several stores carry pumpkin butter during the fall months. Or you can make your own pumpkin butter. I love this easy pumpkin butter recipe from Skinnytaste. So there are no excuses! You HAVE to make this Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich. And make sure you have someone close by when you take your first bite. You might faint because this sandwich is SO good!
Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Brie Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of French or Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 2 ounces Brie Cheese sliced
- 1.5 ounces chocolate broken into pieces (I used dark chocolate)
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Evenly spread pumpkin butter on unbuttered sides of the bread. Add slices of brie cheese and pieces of chocolate. Top with remaining slice of buttered bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Place sandwich, butter side down, in pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese and chocolate melts. Remove from pan and cut sandwich in half, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note-I bought pumpkin butter at Trader Joe's. You can use another brand or make your own. I like to use dark chocolate, but feel free to use your favorite!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Brie Grilled Cheese, you might also like: